• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Stonyford to Upperlake II

You missed a great ride. The snow we rode through was gone and the stuff we didn't try was rideable, sort of. About 60 miles of dirt. Everyone fell except Sid. Some more than once....

Wow... hope there were no injuries? What was the diciest part?
 
Wow... hope there were no injuries? What was the diciest part?

The terrain was quite manageable (pretty easy... but I rode my 'cheater' bike). Just Murphy's law: 2 KLRs slipped on the frozen snow: not much snow just a long patch. A few lost their front end or got stuck in a rut. I submerged my bike :rofl (ditto for another KLR), some slipping and sliding across mud holes; KLR down after a tankslapper.

I am surprised to hear that the triumph went down and on those dirt tires you had last ride :laughing
I'm amazed how olhogrider manages on his Triumph Bonneville with windscreen, saddle bags and ME33 tyres . :wtf Damn good rider! and undertheoaks manhandles his KTM 990 like a 530 EXC! :shocker

I think we each did 370 miles or more yesterday. Left home at 6AM got back at 11PM. These old bones are 'beat up' :thumbup!

Marvelous scenery; excellent terrain variety: snow, water crossings, mud, ruts, hiils, gravel, 40mph+ hard pack, goat trails, slab, night riding on twisties, etc. ; unending opportunities to single track the gnarly stuff. Even got a chance to take some breaks to do field repairs: purge drowned bike, field expedient rewiring, safety wire parts, bent shifter, minor oil leak, but no flats.

I'm scheduled to ride back up on Thursday for the Mendo Rally, and again for Sheetiron.
 
Last edited:
Ok here's the few I took. Thanks guys what a ride ! Really enjoyed that one, but after getting home and showering didn't crawl into bed until 11:30 and my alarm to get up for work rang out just a few 3 1/2 hrs later:cry still, well worth it for sure. Lets do this one again someday.:thumbup Hey Dan thats not a dirt bike.:rofl
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
 
What a ride! Made it back by 10:45 last night and just passed out on the floor. Psyched for the next one.
 
Awesome ride guys. I really enjoyed my first real dual sporting experience. I need to get my wife to go on the next one so she knows what to expect. I learned quite a bit.

I ended up getting home at 10pm despite taking the fast way home.
 
Epic

Great ride! Didnt get in until 11:15 but wouldnt have missed it for anything. Was a bit bummed when we had to call it a day, but what a day! Water crossings, field expedient mechanic work, mud holes, and a little land navigation thrown in for good measure. Good learning experience for sure, cant wait to do it again.
 
sweet pictures! so, who's going to the Mendocino rally up at Lake Pillsbury this weekend?
 
Here is our final route we did guys. Once we hit Clear Lake we had different ways of going home. [gmap]<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Bartlett+Springs+Rd,+Nice,+CA+95464&daddr=39.16893,-122.73697+to:twin+valley+rd+bartlett+springs+to:Wild+Bill+Place,+CA+to:Forest+Route+M10,+Lake,+CA+to:Forest+Route+M5,+Stonyford,+CA+to:Forest+Route+18N07,+Stonyford,+CA+to:stonyford+ca+to:Lodoga,+CA+to:Leesville+Road,+Williams,+CA+to:hwy+20+williams+to:Cortina+School+Road,+Williams,+CA+to:Sand+Creek+Road,+Williams,+CA+to:Rumsey,+CA+to:Cache+Creek+Casino+Resort,+Yolo,+CA&hl=en&geocode=FWTqVAIddBWu-CnTDHzP8pODgDFB2qneX3OTeA%3BFaKrVQIdti6v-Cnt8Oqmv-qDgDHNhrF3dKMe7A%3BFQEKVgIdN4qv-ClzwukH-sCDgDEqVJwG1VqBJQ%3BFW6dVgIdcISu-CkDv8mIOcGDgDGbQRB39_j4bw%3BFRvTVwIdR-St-CllYop6Rc-DgDHOFoI9HbIvoQ%3BFWkJVwIdIg2w-CkBE_vrI7-DgDH0nlH6HYUkYw%3BFQOXVwIdq2Kw-ClF9bmLBrmDgDH-ST91BdLL4A%3BFcHQWAIdXB6y-Clf1EKvybqDgDF5yIvzzRMVEg%3BFQ-OVwIdCSWz-Cmjw30DT6KDgDHoMtnQ38km1A%3BFdl2VQIdQOi0-Cn72CXLVp2DgDEmmiQhkYDkqA%3BFWIYVQId4Su2-Cmxdfl4cXCDgDGadwES_sq6IA%3BFZpUVAIdZUG4-CmLmPKZb52EgDGpg1IdjFE0ZA%3BFRfhUgIdw9u2-CnNMFl0noSEgDExDlurO9oK7Q%3BFShjUQId3c22-Ckv7Z8liYWEgDEpOClorOycQw%3BFagITwIdtDq4-CGjEkiWyyyDkA&aq=0&oq=cache+&sll=39.133005,-122.48864&sspn=0.892664,1.803131&t=h&dirflg=w&mra=ls&via=1&ie=UTF8&ll=39.133256,-122.489319&spn=0.64382,0.69268&output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=embed&saddr=Bartlett+Springs+Rd,+Nice,+CA+95464&daddr=39.16893,-122.73697+to:twin+valley+rd+bartlett+springs+to:Wild+Bill+Place,+CA+to:Forest+Route+M10,+Lake,+CA+to:Forest+Route+M5,+Stonyford,+CA+to:Forest+Route+18N07,+Stonyford,+CA+to:stonyford+ca+to:Lodoga,+CA+to:Leesville+Road,+Williams,+CA+to:hwy+20+williams+to:Cortina+School+Road,+Williams,+CA+to:Sand+Creek+Road,+Williams,+CA+to:Rumsey,+CA+to:Cache+Creek+Casino+Resort,+Yolo,+CA&hl=en&geocode=FWTqVAIddBWu-CnTDHzP8pODgDFB2qneX3OTeA%3BFaKrVQIdti6v-Cnt8Oqmv-qDgDHNhrF3dKMe7A%3BFQEKVgIdN4qv-ClzwukH-sCDgDEqVJwG1VqBJQ%3BFW6dVgIdcISu-CkDv8mIOcGDgDGbQRB39_j4bw%3BFRvTVwIdR-St-CllYop6Rc-DgDHOFoI9HbIvoQ%3BFWkJVwIdIg2w-CkBE_vrI7-DgDH0nlH6HYUkYw%3BFQOXVwIdq2Kw-ClF9bmLBrmDgDH-ST91BdLL4A%3BFcHQWAIdXB6y-Clf1EKvybqDgDF5yIvzzRMVEg%3BFQ-OVwIdCSWz-Cmjw30DT6KDgDHoMtnQ38km1A%3BFdl2VQIdQOi0-Cn72CXLVp2DgDEmmiQhkYDkqA%3BFWIYVQId4Su2-Cmxdfl4cXCDgDGadwES_sq6IA%3BFZpUVAIdZUG4-CmLmPKZb52EgDGpg1IdjFE0ZA%3BFRfhUgIdw9u2-CnNMFl0noSEgDExDlurO9oK7Q%3BFShjUQId3c22-Ckv7Z8liYWEgDEpOClorOycQw%3BFagITwIdtDq4-CGjEkiWyyyDkA&aq=0&oq=cache+&sll=39.133005,-122.48864&sspn=0.892664,1.803131&t=h&dirflg=w&mra=ls&via=1&ie=UTF8&ll=39.133256,-122.489319&spn=0.64382,0.69268" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>[/gmap]
 
This looks awesome guys. I need to try this area out for sure. Never been to Stonyford. @ undertheoaks, got a .GPX file on this?
 
This looks awesome guys. I need to try this area out for sure. Never been to Stonyford. @ undertheoaks, got a .GPX file on this?

Mike - Save http://g.co/maps/2733k as .kml on Google Maps then use GPSBabel http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/gpsbabel/ to convert to .gpx

Please post on GPXchange http://www.gpxchange.com/

Yeah, why didn't I just do the work for you... :twofinger

Ensenada for Fish Tacos?

Anyone up for a short run to Tecate/Ensenada in the next 30-days? Proposed 1300 mile route: http://g.co/maps/nar3s with Carrizo Plain NM on the way back Have your passports, Vehicle title/Reg, Mexican Liability Insurance, AAA Driver Permit, and MXN Pesos ready! I'm taking the big bike this time for the slab down and back.
 
Last edited:
Working on the next ride guys, maybe late May or early June before it gets to hot and dusty. Plus some new routes !!:thumbup
 
Mike - Save http://g.co/maps/2733k as .kml on Google Maps then use GPSBabel http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/gpsbabel/ to convert to .gpx

Please post on GPXchange http://www.gpxchange.com/

Yeah, why didn't I just do the work for you... :twofinger

Ensenada for Fish Tacos?

Anyone up for a short run to Tecate/Ensenada in the next 30-days? Proposed 1300 mile route: http://g.co/maps/nar3s with Carrizo Plain NM on the way back Have your passports, Vehicle title/Reg, Mexican Liability Insurance, AAA Driver Permit, and MXN Pesos ready! I'm taking the big bike this time for the slab down and back.
I wish !!
 
Mike - Save http://g.co/maps/2733k as .kml on Google Maps then use GPSBabel http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/gpsbabel/ to convert to .gpx

Please post on GPXchange http://www.gpxchange.com/

Yeah, why didn't I just do the work for you... :twofinger

Ensenada for Fish Tacos?

Anyone up for a short run to Tecate/Ensenada in the next 30-days? Proposed 1300 mile route: http://g.co/maps/nar3s with Carrizo Plain NM on the way back Have your passports, Vehicle title/Reg, Mexican Liability Insurance, AAA Driver Permit, and MXN Pesos ready! I'm taking the big bike this time for the slab down and back.

Lol Doc. I have a gpxchange account so Ill get on it. I was just being lazt. :x Ensenada sounds awesome but time and $ limit me. I am shooting for a Baja loop next year. Go down the west coast and back up the east coast. Baja 2013 or bust!
 
Back
Top