• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Test Rode a 675

general consensus on 675.net is that the stock adjustment is crap when compared to what its like after its been set up. I haven't had it done so I personally don't know how much better it is.

2 words: Dave Moss
 
how often does mt.view calmoto have demo days? those 675's are beautiful.

I think the "demo days" are only once every couple years...they don't have it every year. BUT...you can go there any time and get a demo ride. They turned me loose by myself with a Tiger last year and basically said...be back in a half an hour! As long as you have an M1 and don't look like a squid they'll let you go unescorted.

I keep telling Sinncere to go back and take out the 675 for "proper" test ride!
 
That neon blue color is hoooooot
 
My street bike is completely stock on the suspension.... it's fine imho. Plenty compliant.

I also rode the race bike suspension for quite some time in stock form. Just had it set up by Dave Moss and fine.

As I've since gotten a little quicker, I decided to swap out the rear shock with Ohlins and I had Catalyst Reaction (Dave Moss/Tige Daane) install a 20mm valve kit with springs set up for my weight (215lbs).

Oh... one thing... the front fender doesn't like the U.K made Dunlop GP209NTecs nor the GP211 Ntecs. The front Dunlops grow quite a bit and rubbed a hole through my front fender. The U.S. Made GP209's don't do that.

Maintenance not any worse than the japaneese bikes... very reliable bikes so far... I have about 5000 track miles on my race bike.. no problems at all.
 
i've heard good things as well... what motor is in it??? i'd love to take one for a rip...

Through the wonderful gift called "reading comprehension" I can tell you that it is a 675cc 3 cylinder.
 
Mine has actually been MORE reliable than both my Yamahas.

About 10k miles on mine, only issue is the license plate bracket snapped on me. Everything mechanical has been fine.:ride
 
From what I got from today, CalMoto will be opening up a another location in livermore in July. And they will have a weekend with the Demo truck there.
 
It won many magazines bike of the year when it came out. The only problem will be the cost of maintenance and parts. :)

Ummm...:wtf huh? Cost of maintenance is lower than the Big Four unless you get sucked dry by a BMW/Triumph dealers ridiculous hourly rates, cost of parts is lower than all but Kawasaki. What makes you think the Triumph is spendy?
 
if they made it with a slightly bigger engine ida bought one. Love the bike but would like it in say a 875 cc triple.
THAT would be perfect for me. Love the bike.

ended up with an 07.5 aprilia rsv1000r ....because aprilia never had a 750ish size....

anyhow...i have a friend with the bike and it rocks...but it does need a tad more power for guys that have been riding over 10 yrs. thats not a knock...great bike. just underpowered in stock form for hard core long time bikers
 
if they made it with a slightly bigger engine ida bought one. Love the bike but would like it in say a 875 cc triple.
THAT would be perfect for me. Love the bike.

ended up with an 07.5 aprilia rsv1000r ....because aprilia never had a 750ish size....

anyhow...i have a friend with the bike and it rocks...but it does need a tad more power for guys that have been riding over 10 yrs. thats not a knock...great bike. just underpowered in stock form for hard core long time bikers

Hmmm... I've had two Milles (00.5 standard and 02 R ) and loved the bikes. But, I always had more fun on the track on my 600cc Speed Four and on the street with my Monster 900Sie - both WAY underpowered compared to my (heavily modded) Milles. BTW - I've been riding for well over two decades - and that hasn't made a difference in the way I feel about middle-weights vs. the liter bikes (I've had many). I am actually considering the D675 because I believe I'll have more fun with it on both the track and street (vs. any 1000+cc bike right now). Just my 2 cents...

I've owned 3 Hinkley Triumphs and loved them all. The D675 is just hot... and British - that may be enough for me... :)

Love the red with the Brit flag graphics!
 
ha funny ...first time i attack a thread and get attacked back. i actually laughed out loud rick.

im not sure a 2000 model motorcycle can keep up with a 2007.5 though.

and your quote about six hundreds vs liter bikes...yea i do understand that point but the new 600s will blow the doors off that 675 in a straightaway....corners are a different story....

so not sure your point...guess you like less powerful bikes along with more powerful. thats cool.

my point though is i would get bored as fuck on a 675 is i guess what i was hinting at. i also like to wheelie and try to keep up with my hooligan friends too. im sure that 675 doesnt have the torque and wheelie power of a new RSV twin....

now that we have jabbed each other i salute you with a sip of my glass of 04 Dominus cab blend im drinking.... :teeth
 
ha funny ...first time i attack a thread and get attacked back. i actually laughed out loud rick.

im not sure a 2000 model motorcycle can keep up with a 2007.5 though.

and your quote about six hundreds vs liter bikes...yea i do understand that point but the new 600s will blow the doors off that 675 in a straightaway....corners are a different story....

so not sure your point...guess you like less powerful bikes along with more powerful. thats cool.

my point though is i would get bored as fuck on a 675 is i guess what i was hinting at. i also like to wheelie and try to keep up with my hooligan friends too. im sure that 675 doesnt have the torque and wheelie power of a new RSV twin....

now that we have jabbed each other i salute you with a sip of my glass of 04 Dominus cab blend im drinking.... :teeth

And this, children, is why you don't drink and post online. :twofinger
 
California Triumph has a nice recommended route through the hills and they are open for demos anytime i believe. i just went down there, showed them my id, and i was off riding in less than 15 minutes.
 
Maybe you and Trplgrl should try and get a deal for 2 bikes(I know she is lusting after a new s3).
Hell, I want one too! Maybe a group discount:thumbup
 
Back
Top