• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The Essential Trials Stickie

Yeah we had fun too, Sid. Always good to practice stuff, I'm having fun with the hops but am not sure how I'll actually use them in a section yet....not reliable enough to trust just yet. Think about riding just before New Years....
 
Tenaci-Wong TW200S

Reporting from Asia... thought you fellas might find this EFI w/ e-start 200cc 4-stroke interesting. Note size of Montesa style fuel tank.

30648426912_95a903854c_b.jpg
Price: USD$2700
30464413140_2cac02e309_b.jpg


(Translated from Spanish) http://todotrial.com/es/pruebas/novedades/item/4989-tenaci-wong-tw200s-la-trialera-china.html

The Tenaci Wong TW200S, a trial bike made in China, has just been presented at the motorcycle show in China, which aims to facilitate the introduction of this sport in the Asian country at a reduced cost.

Tenaci Wong, the trial bike chinaTenaci Wong, the trial bike Chinese fans Chinese trial are in luck, and that soon will be available in your local market first trial bikes manufactured and fully designed in China, which will facilitate access to this Nice sport, since European imported bikes have a much higher cost for most Asian citizens.

This is the Tenaci Wong TW200S, a model that although it tries to incorporate many of the characteristics of the trial bikes of consolidated brands, can not be considered competition of these, since its characteristics and motorization are much more discreet and less competitive, And is that its function is none other than to initiate the trial in the Asian market to which it is intended.

It incorporates a 4-stroke engine of 200cc water-cooled with electric start, tubular steel frame, aluminum tilting, fuel tank made of plastic of greater capacity than usual in motorcycles manufactured in Europe and Japan, disc brakes, 184 Mm diameter the front with double piston caliper and 148mm diameter the rear. The nematics are of the standard measures, 2.75x21 the front and 4.00x18 the rear of the Legion brand, and with tubeless rim. The declared weight is 79.4 kg.

This bike can mean great expansion opportunities for the sport of the trial, taking into account the enormous size and population of the Asian country, as well as the future opening of new markets for all manufacturers. Definitely good news.

30129744623_b4bc6b76a6_b.jpg
30129743793_409af43807_b.jpg


185134yvj8k1mfhdhre9uv.jpg

185559t97nmh7rx8jq2c72.jpg

121706f33eo6j9bqjibq9i.jpg


(Translated from Mandarin):http://www.mototrial.cn/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=235 (出处: 攀爬一族)

The TENACI-WONG Turner race climbing motorcycle, first developed by the Chinese people, was unveiled at the China International Motorcycle Exposition (Chongqing Motorboat Expo), which was developed by the General Technical Advisor China Skills First Team Led the team to lead the domestic team of elite teams to climb out of the motorcycle together, after several decades, the end of Yao world debut!

As we all know, China International Motorcycle Fair is China's largest motorcycle event, many domestic and foreign motorcycle manufacturers will be at the Mobo show a new car, motorcycle in the current era of large displacement, Turner Saipan Crawl out of a motorcycle, like the impetuous world in an clean, the people's attention has been pulled back to another motorcycle ride, that is playing!
Even the car wherever work is also a landscape ...

the show exhibitors brought water-cooled 4-stroke single cylinder 200cc EFI power race version of the model (tentative price 18800RMB), used car engine is Lifan Group for the Turner race climbing motorcycle tailored to the model, low-twist plenty, explosive enough, EFI system by the professional racing engine EFI engine ROJO Langjie electronic support, the key components are the top domestic factory OEM, for the quality of the control is to do the most basic requirements of the car!

The new car also attracted the attention of foreign friends, "IT'S SO GOOD", which is the first domestic Turner race car evaluation!
Obviously, the climbing car in the house is unbearable, it needs to come out to play, should the majority of Friends of Morocco's request, we King outside the exhibition hall to everyone in person demonstration, we flocked to, because the climbing car to That play is serious!

A lot of friends in the car on the train experience the first car made climbing car, the picture shows the king team to show you how to start from the basic car, a strong response to new cars, many friends asked immediately after the purchase price, for foreign Climbing car, the cost of domestic has been able to high to soar to 90,000 in the ...

235737nfuzxdwxtddtz44n.jpg

235739bvk8rk27jrjl90z5.jpg

235746jrwgjzrr7j8xgjr8.jpg

235806yz7r0lxjkwsz712i.jpg

235808cnmnznuut0mum9rt.jpg

csm_tenaci_wong_4temps_REPOSE_PIED_d4c319cb51.jpg

csm_tenaci_wong_4temps_3_d2531b5a6a.jpg

235755f9k5a9zcaark4h5z.jpg

194904eds59wpeppoppzsy.jpg

194844oq4ffh7256qlfffb.jpg

30129742433_18f0321c90_b.jpg

tenaci_wong_trial_5_11_2016-8d23f.jpg

194840vr9kk95kuxkrq831.jpg


Inquiries:
Chief Technical Advisor: Wang Zemin: +86 13700752492
Hairy/Maomao: +86 15690729789

Chongqing Wanlijiangfa Sprocket Co., Ltd.

Lily Xun 外贸经理
Tel: +86 023-86991302/17
Fax: +86 023-86991315
Email: sales@wljf.cn
Address: NO. 28-1, Jinzhu Industry Zone,Banan District, Chongqing, China, 401320

Purchase via Chongqing Zhengao Machinery Co., Ltd. http://www.made-in-china.com/sendIn...html?from=shrom&type=cs&style=1&page=p_detail
Harry Shao
Tel: +86 13527363405
Mobile:+86 13527363405
Fax: +86 2363004084
 
Last edited:
picture.php


Looks a little heavy Seavoyage, is that a GasGas frame ? Either way love to see the innovation. My current ride is a 4 banger too.
 
Last edited:
Sid... sweet! I remember when I tried a EVO 250 2T... left side kick start felt weird but your 4T looks awesome (i'm pretty jealous)

and the GG280, did you keep it for Francesca or your son?

Sorry I've been out of touch... long travels... now running a company out of Singapore.

Zero (nada, zilch) Trials or Dirt Bike scene out here since it's not legal and any motorized vehicle is crazy expensive. Locals need $80,000 just for a permit (Certificate of Eligibility) to buy a car; and you get hit with huge penalties if any vehicle is 10 years or older.

Ana is in the Marines stationed in Japan... no dirt bikes for her either.

You folks don't realize how good you have it... don't ever take it for granted. Say hi to the crew: Mark, Luke, Jim, Adrian, etc.
 
Last edited:
Drew I totally know how good we have it and take advantage every chance I get. Sold the GasGas after they were in financial trouble worried it would be worth nothing.
 
Fascinating news when viewed from the international level. Perhaps more significantly, if another billion or so more trials enthusuasts were to... Exist?

Cool stuff.
 
Gotta ask Butch, hows the Alta ???? Curious minds need to know.

Now that the Alta topic has been breached...

Tons of information on
http://www.electricmotorcycleforum.com/

I'm curious on retaining the chassis components but replacing the 200cc IC engine with a 48v electric motor and a 22Ah Litium-Ion with an Integrated Battery Management System (BMS) .I wonder how the
http://emmoto.com/ folks approached this. The weight seems similar at 73kg / Sport = 70kg.

The GasGas E4822 alternative: Looks like the same frame design...the conversion kit might be a direct fit.
cache_2456728522.jpg

http://www.eta-motors.com/englisch/txt4822/
cache_2422198217.jpg
cache_2422198220.jpg
cache_2422198411.jpg


or the EVdrive kit:
http://www.evdrive.com/prototypes/evdrive-trains-for-e-motos-the-e-motocrf250r-conversion-kit/

Lithium Ion Battery (Ouch!): http://www.electricmotorsport.com/gbs-48v-60ah-li-ion-battery-pack-with-emus-bms-and-charger.html

http://www.electricmotorsport.com/e-bikes/bike-battery-pack-48v-11ah-linicomn-with-charger.html

Maybe research the Alta Redshift motor: https://www.altamotors.co/#the-future-of-fast

In context of the cost of such as project: On a previous ketch sailboat I owned, I replaced the Diesel engine with a electric motor conversion sourced from a used forklift. The challenge (cost) is in reducing the weight.

The basic shopping list:

Maybe a solid business opportunity?

In the Xispa context, the business may have been impacted by judicial demand against XISPA on the part of SHERCO regarding Intellectual Property on the motor. No such issue with an electric powered vehicle.

The electric motor and batteries may be less costly in China? You can cannibalize most of the components from an inexpensive electric scooter made in China.

What about funding for the venture? https://electrek.co/2016/08/18/alta-motors-production-all-electric-motorcycle-redshift/

I wonder if Chinese Venture Capital would fund this? it's not like Alta AKA BRD Motors $1.8M seed round and follow-on growth funding to $13M plus $2M in debt funding is particularly impressive for a Chinese VC that might be interested in an entry point to the $100B Electric Vehicle market driven by Tesla ($2.37B).
https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/brd-motorcycles#/entity

Target the EnduroCross, Extreme Enduro, Cross Training crowd by appealing to improving their skills with a 'Backyard Training Aid' that won't wake the neighbours, and getting more seat time even if in your bedroom.

Through minimal seat and lighting/signals/horn so the mass market (outside of the US DOT) can use on the street.
2016_Escape-_003.jpg


Distribute it priced under $2499 at your local PepBoys or Harbor Freight.

[YOUTUBE]0w-VzkZM93s[/YOUTUBE]

What's this ventures probability of sinking $20M to arbitrage $200M in value...

Would this be a business or a hobby?

Things to ponder...
 
Last edited:
Drew I totally know how good we have it and take advantage every chance I get. Sold the GasGas after they were in financial trouble worried it would be worth nothing.

It was a good move Sid, I've been without my bike for 2 months now. Adrian said the only thing left to replace are the engine cases. I hope to have it back in another few weeks.

The bike is sucking the entire sump of gear oil into the crankcase within a few minutes (smoking like crazy).

I did ride carnegie last week on some of the hidden trails and found some really tough stuff (at least on a big bike). We will all have to go on a scouting mission once I have my bike back.
 
It was a good move Sid, I've been without my bike for 2 months now. Adrian said the only thing left to replace are the engine cases. I hope to have it back in another few weeks.

Mark - sorry to hear about the engine. I complete rebuilt Ana's GG200 except for the magnesium cases; and adding an S3 Racing interchangeable heads.

I hope you don't have to resort to an TXT4822 conversion kit: http://www.eta-motors.com/englisch/txt4822/

I'm seriously playing around with this crazy idea as another venture out here in Asia: 48v eMotors with 22Ah Li batteries in a GasGas frame for under $2700. I might fly out to China after the new year to see what I can hustle for a prototype... funding isn't an issue as there's a lot of VC interest thanks to Tesla.
 
Last edited:
Gotta ask Butch, hows the Alta ???? Curious minds need to know.

I love it. I have an "Impressions" thread somewhere. The electric full power at zero rpm makes it cool for trials sorta stuff. It completely changes the Troll Trail experience at Hollister. I haven't ridden an a couple days. I better go tomorrow. I'd go right now, but my dad is coming over, Christmas and all.

I have never ridden Frank Raines, and it is only 45 miles of twisty from here. I better go there.
 
Last edited:
Had a great day up at Copperopollis on Sat, rained early morning but was gone by 11:00 am conditions were awesome snotty slippery in some areas and perfect traction in others we rode all day, extremely sore and tired but worth it, hell of a way to say goodbye to 2016.
picture.php
 
Nice Sid, I'm jealous. It would have been a blast to be up there with you guys, looks like the A-team was out in force! Got my gears in the truck done finally so now I can actually focus on riding.
 
We missed you up there Luke it was an all day ride...all day, Im so damn sore still..haha. Why did you change the gears ? Go higher or lower ?
 
The rear pinion bearing was whining so just a matter of time....Also with those 37's on there it was running too low RPM; OK for no load but with any trailer up in the mountains it was having to work too hard. Not too much change, went from 3.73 to 4.11's; it is much happier now. When I pulled the front end the ball joints were going south too (had a suspicion about this already) so I did them while it was apart. Two of the nastiest jobs on a vehicle next to body mounts...it was a real blast. Had to build a frame and use a 12 ton bottle jack to get the upper ball joints out...and I had to load that jack pretty good.

I did make a large concrete pile in the back yard to play on though, about a 24" vert step up on a little slope, gives me more than just turning to work on back there.
 
picture.php


Oh man trials is fun, and when you get to ride on private property that is perfect for trials with creeks, rocks, boulders river beds and meadows well it just doesn't get any better.
 
Hey Mark, did you get your bike back?

After you guys left yesterday Donna and I were out on the hillside doing 8's, she tipped to the inside and the high point, put out a leg and proceeded to twist her knee pretty bad. She's getting it looked at today but it was a crappy ending to a fun day.

That photo from up at Bryce's place looked like a great crowd, I didn't realize so many folks were going up there...It sure sounded fun!
 
Hey Mark, did you get your bike back?

Yes, Adrian ended up having to have a machine shop shave down the cases as they were leaking tranny fluid into the crank area. Took around 3 months...poor Adrian.

Seems to be fine now, have about 10 hours on it after the rebuild.

Sorry to hear about Donna's knee, that is a bummer. Hopefully she will be better before the first event in March.
 
Well the season is starting up really soon! BAC is only about 3 weeks out, you guys ready? First time riding INT for me, Adrian said the big open area that the stream runs through got changed big time from the rains. That one section that always runs up that rocky creek bed oughta' be interesting this year....

Finally Donna got an MRI for her knee then got it reviewed...ACL is gone. Totally sucks, she'll be in one of those leg splints for 6 weeks after the op and I've no idea how long until she is cleared to ride. Looks like she's out for at least half the season, totally lame. She has improved quite a bit in the last couple of months and could've run sportsman this year no problem. I may be a Sunday only rider at BAC, have to see.
 
Back
Top