• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The Essential Trials Stickie

Awesome Vid but makes me angry, I should have started riding trials years ago....damn!!!!!
 
Heading to metcalf tomorrow early am with a buddy. We'll be riding big bikes too. Going to be there from like 8 to 11am if ur interested
 
Boreal Ridge Trials

Well had another awesome time this weekend up at Boreal doing the trials event. This one was different for me as Sun we had 12 sections not the usual 10 ? Great fun and amazing people in the trials community:thumbup Made a few bone head mistakes like killing the engine once and missing a gate, thats automatic Fives. Had a score of 60 on this event I believe second place, and had so much fun can't wait until Bear Valley next month, should be cooler weather and amazing granite boulders.:teeth
 
MotoPed

[YOUTUBE]0pf82tr6kH4[/YOUTUBE]

rt_side03-kstart-butt.jpg

http://www.motopeds.com/
 
Last edited:
Trials in NorCal - Bear Valley on Hwy 4

Time for the Bear Valley Trial, September 14 & 15, 2013
Near the top of Highway 4, 30 miles above Arnold

Saturday Vintage Beginner
Signups start at 11AM, Riders meeting at Noon, trial starts 12:15

Sunday Class A Trial
Signups start at 9 AM, Riders meeting at 10 AM, trial starts 10:15

Checkers needed for both events

Flyer
http://www.sactopits.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Bear-Valley-flyer-13.pdf
 
Ok here’s what ya gotta do. Trials ride part of the Rubicon trail (Loon Lake to Little Sluice and back). 9/19/13

Stage N 39 00 12 W 120 18 41.89

A friend of mine and I are planning to do this Thurs 9/19/13 ~ 9am Will camp N 38 59 7.45 W 120 22 47.12 up there Wed 9/18 and 9/19 return home 9/20.

Will have a bicycle and a vintage trials bike (87 Honda TLR 200). I have no experience on TLR off road, have walked and ridden (bicycle/carry) route. Have seen dirt bikes there, but only the brave (think dead from the neck up). Trails tough enough that I would not ride bicycle down the trail (big rocks). I have seen trials bikes with skilled rider there and they did it ditto dirt bikes. Terrain beyond my skills, but will take a shot at it. Definitely not big bike friendly. Reserve the right to say “too much” time to turn around. In past years found it takes about 2 hrs walk/bicycle) route each way.

Gorgeous country bring beer, camera, beer, snacks.

Will be camping N 38 59 7.45 W 120 22 47.12., campground does not have water, reservations. Does have tables fire pit, pit toilets. Is flat for RV. Need to bring beer, food, water, beer, etc. I will bring small bbq and stove, camp lamp, propane

Camp 2.5 miles N intersection Ice House Rd and Wentworth springs rd. Stage area about 6 miles E from same intersection to stage area.

Will cancel if weather bad (950, rain, snow, 49o), or if no one else game.

stage area N 39 00 12 W 120 18 41.89

camp N 38 59 7.45 W 120 22 47.12

You game?

Bruno
 
I'd love to, but I no has a trials bike. :(

Do you need something street legal up there? If so, I suppose a Reflex is just about perfect, albeit a bit dated.
 
Rubicon is fun on a trials bike. Earlier this summer we rode from the Tahoma parking area to Loon Lake and back. Even with the extra gas I carried, I still had to mooch gas from someone at Loon Lake.

I've also done parts of it on a trail bike, and I think it's a toss-up between which style bike is better. The trials bike makes it all pretty easy, but it's tiring spending all day hunched over and with no seat. The trail bike is easier on the body, but harder to ride through the technical sections.

Your plan to ride just the Loon Lake side is a good one, as that section of trail is by far the prettiest and most fun.
 
Is there anywhere around our area to check this out without just buying a trials bike to see if you like it?
 
Is there anywhere around our area to check this out without just buying a trials bike to see if you like it?

Drew let me ride his trials bike at Metcalf; boy, that was fun. Dan Blum at MotoExotica in Vacaville might be able to give you some ideas...
 
Is there anywhere around our area to check this out without just buying a trials bike to see if you like it?

Call Lewis Sports in Copperopollis they are a dealer and probably the best around for sure. They have many different brands and a few used models and they might let you throw a leg over one. I too rode Drews bike a Gasgas 200 and was hooked immediately. I've ridden and raced dirt bikes my whole life and never rode trials once before this year. I liked it so much that i bought a 05 Gasgas 280 pro and can't get enough. I ride it in my backyard, in my court even hit a few local areas around my neighborhood. Its a great cross trainer amazing body core workout...amazing and you'll learn stuff you'd never learn on a dirtbike. Then the next time you go riding with your buddies you'll hop over a log or rock on the trail and amaze your friends with your new found skills. Warning: try it and you'll like it. :thumbup
 
What kind of price range we talking about for a decent used trials bike? Def not going to buy new.
 
I paid $2500 for an '06 Gas Gas 280 txt pro. Are you coming to the Barf Stony trip? I will have it there if you want to try it.
 
Back
Top