• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

VR46 renaming team!

Maybe I missed the memo, but Aramco has been sponsoring Motorsports for a while, they are a series title sponsor for Formula 1 and are the headline sponsor for this years F1 race at CotA, but VR signs up and it’s a big deal all of a sudden?

Its a big deal because while COTA may have limited choices for title sponsors, while VR46 likely had quite a number of other choices but chose to associate with a very questionable organization. None of this excuses COTA but COTA is not damaging a reputation it built over decades.


Thats probably as much as I can say outside BARF's political forum.
 
Last edited:
That’s a fascinating double standard.
Limited: okay to take money because struggling
VR: omg - blood money wtf mate
 
That’s a fascinating double standard.
Limited: okay to take money because struggling
VR: omg - blood money wtf mate

Not OK for either one. I didn't say it was. One party had a lot more options.

I'm a bit surprised at the number responses for which there is no place where a line is drawn.
 
Other countries operate differently.

We should probably bomb them. Or take their money. Or both. Or give them money. Or all of the above. Or just cancel them. Or just sit back and enjoy the racing like we always do.
 
Maybe I missed the memo, but Aramco has been sponsoring Motorsports for a while, they are a series title sponsor for Formula 1 and are the headline sponsor for this years F1 race at CotA, but VR signs up and it’s a big deal all of a sudden?

I don't pay any attention to F1 but not surprising that a Bernie Ecclestone joint has no problem hopping into bed with MBS. CotA? They're in Texas, right? 'Nuf said...
 
Nah, man, COTA and F1 are corporations, ya know? Big faceless MBA's and stuff.

Rossi's one of us - that's why it bugs so much. Well, bugs ME so much anyway.

That's how I see it.
 
But VR46 is a business…… and that’s who the deal is with… soooooooo……???
 
Remember when Rossi was pushin' stinky French cigs... :laughing

valentino_rossi_yamaha.jpg


Think of the children!
 
They gave him a lifetime supply of smokes too, although I don't know if he still does. Speaking of- did you know Ducati is sponsored by a tobacco company? Black death racing? Oh the humanity...
 
They gave him a lifetime supply of smokes too, although I don't know if he still does. Speaking of- did you know Ducati is sponsored by a tobacco company? Black death racing? Oh the humanity...

And Camel... holy shit... Rossi's been selling out his whole career... next thing you're going to tell me is that energy drinks are bad for you and oil companies don't care about the environment...:laughing
 
Last edited:
Well, having an adversarial journalist killed and sawed into chunks certainly raises the bar for tobacco and energy drink companies... :dunno

I'm in the disappointed with VR camp, but I never smoked either and thought the cigarette branding made for cool looking race cars and bikes. I didn't know John Player Specials were cigs when I was a kid building models.
 
VR46 Raking in the Mooney!
 
Back
Top