• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

BARF Spring Rally - 2009 - Central Coast

Could you please post/link the routes in the thread here?

The routes won't be finalized until much closer to the time of the rally, then about a week or so before the rally registered participants will receive a rally package including the itinerary. That will give the organizers time to pre-run some of the routes under consideration, and to investigate potential dining spots, etc.

In the meantime, consider some of the better routes between the Bay Area and the Central Coast, and you can probably guess at least some of the likely suspects. Similarly, imagine some interesting loops for Saturday, that begin and end in Paso Robles, and add those to the mix. We gave plenty of clues in the first post.

During the Hawthorne rally, even though there were suggestions for routes, groups and individual riders improvised, adding loops here, taking shortcuts there. It will probably be like that in June too. :cool
 
The routes won't be finalized until much closer to the time of the rally, then about a week or so before the rally registered participants will receive a rally package including the itinerary. That will give the organizers time to pre-run some of the routes under consideration, and to investigate potential dining spots, etc.

I see. I saw the 5/25 date in this part:
Rally itineraries and details (meeting time/location, routes, and more) will be PM'd to participants, 5/25. If you don't receive one by the morning of 5/26, please contact flying_hun.
and seeing as it's 2/25, I made the mistake of thinking it was today. :laughing

Hey, it was a rough month today at work...
 
Two Much Fun!

:thumbup Awesome! But I'm (Kawasaki) Green with envy. I'll be in Paso Robles one week earlier for the push bike Great Western Bicycle Rally. Can't swing both and I'm already commited to the home team.

I really enjoyed the Fall Rally. Have a great time and I'll watch the postings. :wave
 
I see. I saw the 5/25 date in this part:

and seeing as it's 2/25, I made the mistake of thinking it was today. :laughing

No problem. It took many passes to rinse out all of the typos (not sure we've fully.succeeded :rolleyes ), and for several early revisions the dates were definitely wrong.

I really enjoyed the Fall Rally. Have a great time and I'll watch the postings. :wave

Brian, we'll miss having you along. :(


Great!

For anyone who missed it at the bottom of the ride announcement......

Make your lodging reservation, then PM that information (number of nights, and if you are sharing with another) along with your full name, mobile number, and a contact in the event of emergency to flying_hun. Only then will he update the list of participants.

There's in, and then there's IN! :cool

Get me all the info in the above quote. That way you'll receive the rally packet when it gets sent out in May. :party
 
Oh hell yes I can't miss this one:teeth
I'm sure the route will be great those are my old stompin grounds:ride
MMMMMMMMMMMM the creamy central coast
 
I'll do it today!
 
I'm 50% as well. Nice thing is my folks live in Arroyo Grande. No hotel for me! :D
 
Rooms still available @ Motel 6 as of 11:15 a.m. today. Hope my handlebars fit thru the doorway.:)
 
I just made my reservation too, and the dude said they still have plenty of rooms available.

Oh yea, can we have a Dual Sport friendly route on Saturday? You know, the dirty kind of roads that need some spanking.
 
Last edited:
I just made my room reservations..

but they don't know anything about the AMA discount. Or our barf reference number, or at least the girlie I spoke to dint...

go thru the AMA linky and save 7 bucks?
 
Oh yea, can we have a Dual Sport friendly route on Saturday? You know, the dirty kind of roads that need some spanking.

That's a great idea! Why don't you suggest that other dual sport loving riders who are planning on joining the rally get together to plan to plan your own Saturday route. Luckett hasn't sent me his confirmation PM yet, but it sounds like he's coming. You two could organize something. :thumbup

I just made my room reservations..

but they don't know anything about the AMA discount. Or our barf reference number, or at least the girlie I spoke to dint...

go thru the AMA linky and save 7 bucks?

Butch, did you call the number in the first post, or did you call the motel in Paso Robles directly? If you did the latter, that would explain why the person you spoke to didn't know about it. If you did call the 800 number and referenced the reservation id, then I guess they screwed up. :dunno

As far as booking through the AMA, that's cool. Motel 6 didn't give us a special rate, they just blocked out reservations for us. Saving $7 is cool. :cool

However you make your reservations, once you do, please PM me your information regarding the nights you'll be there, who you're sharing a room with, if anyone, your cell phone #, and your emergency contact info. Doing those things will get you on the list to receive rally packets with the itinerary.

*edit* Here's the reservation info:
Call 1-800-544-4866 and reference group # M137200125 for the "Bay Area Riders Forum".
 
Last edited:
I just realized how much neither of my bikes will be comfortable for this sort of trip. :|
 
I just realized how much neither of my bikes will be comfortable for this sort of trip. :|

What? You got a 650 Ninja and a 900 Monster, right?
 
Check the thread from the fall rally. I can recall at least two 650R's, and at least one Monster, probably more. Not to mention the folks riding full on sprotbiles. Did you have them re-upholstered in razor wire?
 
Well the 650 would be more reliable, but the Monster is way more fun. :dunno Neither of them are all that comfortable for me after about an hour and a half of twisties.
 
Back
Top