• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

BARF Spring Rally - 2009 - Central Coast

Phhhhfffttttt, "Sportbikes". Don't you be clumpin me in with THEM!

FR23.jpg

:twofinger
 
Think of that lovely June weather during this torrential downpour.

Wow! It's going like a cow on a flat rock outside just now (one of my mother's favorite expressions :teeth). The list of confirmed participants is growing. :party And I'm dreaming of all those great roads waiting for us in June. :ride

Time to sign up! Call that number. Book a room. Send me your details. Get your name on the list. :thumbup If you're going to PW the thread, at least get signed up first. :laughing
 
Cruised thru Paso Robles this weekend, they are already boarding up and hiding the children. Well. the cute ones anyway...
 
Almost positive I'll be joining you guys for this.... probably ride down Friday afternoon/evening and partake sat/sun.

Will check the work schedule and make reservations soon

Hmm... A BARF tour of the base. :eek:)

I know there's all KINDS of nice roads through the west side of the base that can take you to the coast similiar to Nac-Ferg, if they're open or not is what I'm wondering... I'm military and spend a bit of time on the base so if we get into a sticky situation maybe I can help a bit:)

Check the thread from the fall rally. I can recall at least two 650R's, and at least one Monster, probably more. Not to mention the folks riding full on sprotbiles. Did you have them re-upholstered in razor wire?

Shit this Gixxer has seen TONS of off-road time... riding through creeks, damn buzzards lagoon, she ain't afraid to get dirty, but some of those pics you posted above:wow

FWIW I've logged about 35K miles on these central-coast roads since moving here 2 years ago, if you're looking for a lead anywhere along the coast and/or 25 and/or 198 and/or Coalinga rd and/or Interlake/Lake Nacimiento rd and/or Peach Tree rd or tons of others I'm sure i'm forgetting... more than happy to:ride
 
Last edited:
So what's the plan for the evenings if I were to get a room and forgo staying at my folk's place?
 
So what's the plan for the evenings if I were to get a room and forgo staying at my folk's place?

Not fully defined yet. In general terms, expect to have a group dinner on Saturday night. One objective is to have reasonable access to places to eat and drink close enough to the motel that there's no need to get on the motos.

One of the great things about the Hawthorne rally was the potential to eat and drink :staRang oneself silly, and then have a relatively short stumble back to bed. We are striving to enable the same thing at Paso Robles.

How far away is your parents' house? Should we all drink there? ;)
 
Not fully defined yet. In general terms, expect to have a group dinner on Saturday night. One objective is to have reasonable access to places to eat and drink close enough to the motel that there's no need to get on the motos.

One of the great things about the Hawthorne rally was the potential to eat and drink :staRang oneself silly, and then have a relatively short stumble back to bed. We are striving to enable the same thing at Paso Robles.

How far away is your parents' house? Should we all drink there? ;)

HA! I still haven't told my step-mother that I even own motorcycles much less ride one. :|

They live in Arroyo Grande...about 15 minutes away.
 
HA! I still haven't told my step-mother that I even own motorcycles much less ride one. :|

They live in Arroyo Grande...about 15 minutes away.
This is the perfect opportunity to break the news, by having about fifty bikers show up (you included) and proceed to get shit faced in their house and then pass out on the lawn.

trust me....they'll love you for it
 
This is the perfect opportunity to break the news, by having about fifty bikers show up (you included) and proceed to get shit faced in their house and then pass out on the lawn.

trust me....they'll love you for it

Somehow I doubt that. :laughing
 
This is the perfect opportunity to break the news, by having about fifty bikers show up (you included) and proceed to get shit faced in their house and then pass out on the lawn.

trust me....they'll love you for it

Yeah, baby! Don't forget emptying their liquor cabinet! :banana:ride :party:staRang:burnout:newbie

Somehow I doubt that. :laughing

Trust us on this! :thumbup Go through with this, and you'll never be afraid to ride your Duc for more than 90 minutes again! Everything will be easier. And your parents will totally understand the whole motorcycle thing! :cool

What could go wrong? :teeth
 
Trust us on this! :thumbup Go through with this, and you'll never be afraid to ride your Duc for more than 90 minutes again! Everything will be easier. And your parents will totally understand the whole motorcycle thing! :cool

What could go wrong? :teeth

I've ridden it more than 90 minutes! :laughing Won't get more than about 110 miles out of a tank, though. :|
 
So I'm pretty much the cheapest person alive, and I'm about to be broke too. How's the camping near there? I basically need a 6'x2' flat spot and I'm good for the night. Anybody else? I've got a tent and some stuff that could be easily strapped to a bike as well.
 
So I'm pretty much the cheapest person alive, and I'm about to be broke too. How's the camping near there? I basically need a 6'x2' flat spot and I'm good for the night. Anybody else? I've got a tent and some stuff that could be easily strapped to a bike as well.

Just pass out on Jason's folk's lawn. :p






*edit* There are folks who are willing to share rooms. If you've got a room you're willing to share, post up. Similarly, if you'd like to find a room, post up.
 
Back
Top