Stiffler
Adventure Pig
So i've had this 2011 DR650SE since last Wednesday and i've put about 300 miles on it since then. About 100 has been on dirt.
Day I picked it up:
Down at Folsom Lake for some practice:
At Prairie City SVRA. Where I found out that the stock bars bend way too easy:
Mt. Murphy Rd:
So far I love this bike. Performance wise it could use a jet kit or a TM40 carb which supposedly makes this bike a beast. I just spent too much $ at http://www.procycle.us/bikepages/dr650.html and the first round of farkles is on the way:
- 1 1/8" oversized bars that taper out to 7/8" (so I can stand up and reach the controls without being quasimodo)
- Pro Taper Clamps
- WR style pegs that are wider and sit 1 3/4" lower than stock (further quasimodo prevention
- ProCycle skid plate and case armor
- Wolfman front fender bag
- Tire iron wrenches: 19 and 24MM
- 10 pack of Hi-Flo oil filters and magnet
Next round will be the 5.6 gallon Acerbis tank, airbox mod and Twin Air filter, Handguards


Day I picked it up:
Down at Folsom Lake for some practice:
At Prairie City SVRA. Where I found out that the stock bars bend way too easy:
Mt. Murphy Rd:
So far I love this bike. Performance wise it could use a jet kit or a TM40 carb which supposedly makes this bike a beast. I just spent too much $ at http://www.procycle.us/bikepages/dr650.html and the first round of farkles is on the way:
- 1 1/8" oversized bars that taper out to 7/8" (so I can stand up and reach the controls without being quasimodo)
- Pro Taper Clamps
- WR style pegs that are wider and sit 1 3/4" lower than stock (further quasimodo prevention
- ProCycle skid plate and case armor
- Wolfman front fender bag
- Tire iron wrenches: 19 and 24MM
- 10 pack of Hi-Flo oil filters and magnet
Next round will be the 5.6 gallon Acerbis tank, airbox mod and Twin Air filter, Handguards



What about getting the ProCycle Shock kit? You can choose between a 7.5 and 8.3 spring and you get the Race Tech valve. IDK much about suspension but I was thinkin' this would be a good cheap way to upgrade the rear.

Maybe when I sell my R6.
That's less than the price of the set of Heidenau K60 Scout tires I just threw on my Tiger. The frame number (1994 DR350SE) and 1990 DR250 engine with a Mikuni TM34 Flatside carb did not match, and the seller did not have a title. I did some research on the VIN and tracked down the original owner up in Redding, who filed the 'junked' status in 2003 with DMV. I spent 48-hrs. getting the bits to make her street legal; drafted an affidavit "Statement of Facts' on the DMV form... on Monday DMV granted dual-registration:
CA street plates plus Green Sticker! The registration fees almost cost as much as the bike.
).
