• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

In about 8 months I will know...

How about direct?

DirecTV has it on Ch 346 - but you need to have an HD package to receive it, even though it is NOT an HD channel. I've already sent them a complaint about having to pay extra for the channel, even though it's a taxpayer funded channel, like CSPAN...
 
The more I think about this, the more awesome, and unbelievable I realise it is. It is, in some ways, more impressive than a manned mission.

Dude, I've been prattling on about this for days. It fucking amazes me, and a lot of people are rather ambivalent. Kinda bummed me out the other night, I was getting excited talking about it and realized a few people were looking at me like I was talking about my dreams of being an astronaut or something, like I was talking nonsense.
We shot an arrow into the sky and hit motherfucking Mars, man. And we have an autonomous robot car checking shit out.

Unbelievable.
 
Dude, I've been prattling on about this for days. It fucking amazes me, and a lot of people are rather ambivalent. Kinda bummed me out the other night, I was getting excited talking about it and realized a few people were looking at me like I was talking about my dreams of being an astronaut or something, like I was talking nonsense.
We shot an arrow into the sky and hit motherfucking Mars, man. And we have an autonomous robot car checking shit out.

Unbelievable.


Just change the topic to the iPhone 5. That'll perk em' right up and salvage the conversation.
 
Dude, I've been prattling on about this for days. It fucking amazes me, and a lot of people are rather ambivalent. Kinda bummed me out the other night, I was getting excited talking about it and realized a few people were looking at me like I was talking about my dreams of being an astronaut or something, like I was talking nonsense.
We shot an arrow into the sky and hit motherfucking Mars, man. And we have an autonomous robot car checking shit out.

Unbelievable.

I got a book called "Packing for Mars" you'd probably like to read. Puts a few things in perspective about a trip that long for people.
 
Dude, I've been prattling on about this for days. It fucking amazes me, and a lot of people are rather ambivalent. Kinda bummed me out the other night, I was getting excited talking about it and realized a few people were looking at me like I was talking about my dreams of being an astronaut or something, like I was talking nonsense.
We shot an arrow into the sky and hit motherfucking Mars, man. And we have an autonomous robot car checking shit out.

Unbelievable.

its one of the most amazing and complex things humanity has ever done, and most people care more about the kardashians...

scientific exploration, space exploration, theortical physics, artistic creation, these are the most important aspects of humanity but people rarely give a damn
 
Hi all. I was thinking of going and watching the meteor showers after the Toby Keith/BG concert on Sunday. I have to ride from Skyline to Oakland anyway, so is there already a ride/meetup planned for a Perseid Meteor Shower watching? Thanks! -Sal.
 
its one of the most amazing and complex things humanity has ever done, and most people care more about the kardashians...

scientific exploration, space exploration, theortical physics, artistic creation, these are the most important aspects of humanity but people rarely give a damn

only the ones that don't have their lobes connected properly..

Thank goodness some do.!

Congrats Mike!.. Rocks!
 
Terrain looks perfect for dirt bikes. We ought to designate the whole planet as an OHV park. With 1/3 of earth's gravity, can you imagine the hang time off jumps?
 
Just change the topic to the iPhone 5. That'll perk em' right up and salvage the conversation.

:laughing I'll try to remember this.

I got a book called "Packing for Mars" you'd probably like to read. Puts a few things in perspective about a trip that long for people.

Interested. I'll contact Henderson Logistics for transportation.
 
Terrain looks perfect for dirt bikes. We ought to designate the whole planet as an OHV park. With 1/3 of earth's gravity, can you imagine the hang time off jumps?

Electric bikes only, unless you're packing oxygen. Still sounds awesome. :party
 
Mike, I told Ms. W. your story today re: the wheels. She was super stoked for you! Then I told her about the Mast Cam thingie. She was uber-jazzed over that, knowing that she too has hardware toodling around Mars! :thumbup:thumbup
 
So now we know what happened to Georg Heinrich, who disappeared on his 'round the world ride back in 2009. He was last seen in the desert near area 51. At least we know how far he got.
 

Attachments

  • 2-newmarsrover2.jpg
    2-newmarsrover2.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 43
:laughing

I can't believe how quickly the time has passed. Looks like your baby arrived right on schedule.
 
time for a software update millions of miles away with the world watching, no pressure!

"We need to take a whole series of steps to make that software active," said Steve Scandore, a senior flight software engineer at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory. "You have to imagine that if something goes wrong with this, it could be the last time you hear from the rover."

"It has to work," he told Computerworld. "You don't' want to be known as the guy doing the last activity on the rover before you lose contact."
 
Back
Top