ScorpioVI
كافر ლ(ಠ&
- Joined
- Aug 15, 2002
- Location
- San Jose & Las Vegas
- Moto(s)
- KTM 990 ADV
- Name
- Alan
- BARF perks
- AMA #: 1076930
Very cool Mike! Congrats!
Are there provisions for the lens to be cleared from dust? I was following the whole thing last night, very cool indeed
Are there provisions for the lens to be cleared from dust? I was following the whole thing last night, very cool indeed
I'm trying to get my thoughts together so I can hit the nail on the head about my feelings for my small part in this great project.
First off, Thank you so much for the kind words guys. Please remember that this project is for YOU. NASA exists to serve you! You are the direct beneficiaries of an almost unimaginable amount of hard work , dedication and brilliance. Please enjoy and engage in all of this.
As an individual I am humbled and feel so fortunate to have gotten a chance to make a small contribution to MSL's success. As an American I am so incredibly proud. This is how we need to lead the world. This is a refection of American excellence. As member of the human race I am given hope that we will someday understand the universe.
![]()
Alicia Chang said:Smarts aside, engineers also outfitted Curiosity with a sense of style. It boasts 20-inch aluminum wheels — twice the size of the wheels on twin rovers Spirit and Opportunity that landed in 2004 — with spokes made of titanium and cleats for traction.
awesome, we're putting donks in space but can't even keep 101 from turning into a martian landscape



awesome, we're putting donks in space but can't even keep 101 from turning into a martian landscape

The first pics were taken with the lens covers on. The covers have been removed.
i'm pretty sure this is a low rez covers off pic.
![]()
Awesome!I am still quite surprised it actually worked. It just didn't follow the KISS principle.![]()

First, a series of checks to the car-sized vehicle must take place, which could take weeks.
Then comes the unavoidable bickering and questions of, "Are we there yet?" that another NASA scientist likened to taking a cross-country family trip with all of his coworkers.
"My version of the surface mission is that it is like going on a family vacation and driving from here to Chicago," said Richard Cook, flight systems manager on the project at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in California.
"Except that your family has got 400 scientists who want to stop and look at every fossilized whatever they can find."