• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Innovv C3 camera testing- motorcycle dashcam

Please develop a two camera, single recording unit.

We are in the process of new development, it has same size like the C1, but has wifi function and waterproof. :):):)

and Have plan to develop dual lens moto camera, one recording unit has two lenses, front lens and rear lens, rear lens is same as the C3, has two ideas about front lens design,

1. front lens is fixed on recording unit, like the C1,
2. front lens is same as the C3, with extend cable.


I would like to learn from you guys which is more useful for motorcycle.:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes

The C1 is attached,
4a7279_d3549e1727d048cc95afab10e2866751.jpg_srz_p_307_194_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz
 
Is there a shorter power cable available? The one included in the package is so long that it takes up a lot of precious space under my seat...

Current two USB cables,
one is 1.2m,
other is 4m which is designed for car.

How long do you need?
 
We are in the process of new development, it has same size like the C1, but has wifi function and waterproof. :):):)

and Have plan to develop dual lens moto camera, one recording unit has two lenses, front lens and rear lens, rear lens is same as the C3, has two ideas about front lens design,

1. front lens is fixed on recording unit, like the C1,
2. front lens is same as the C3, with extend cable.


I would like to learn from you guys which is more useful for motorcycle.:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes

The C1 is attached,
4a7279_d3549e1727d048cc95afab10e2866751.jpg_srz_p_307_194_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

I don't know what a C1 or a C3 is, so you'll have to be more specific. Maybe diagrams?
 
Current two USB cables,
one is 1.2m,
other is 4m which is designed for car.

How long do you need?

The 1.2M would still be a bit long, but way better. It's not a big deal, really, but nice to have. :)
 
The 1.2M would still be a bit long, but way better. It's not a big deal, really, but nice to have. :)

After a little research, it seems like the cable used on the camera is a UC-E6, a standard for Nikon cameras. I got the same cable in a very short length (like a little over a foot I think) with a set of 3D glasses. If you wanted to swap that for the one you have, let me know. I can't find any short lengths for sale on their own so far.

I though I posted pics of my setup, but it appears I didn't. Currently, the camera cable is not long enough to make it under my seat so I just have it zip tied to my handlebars and wrapped the excess cable around my brake reservoir.

20150204_203004.jpg


20150204_203025.jpg
 
Ooh really now.. I'll see if I can find that cable... I'm using the longest cable right now but under the seat space is gone and I have one more thing that needs to be squeezed in there.

Let me see what I can find first, but dibs! :teeth
 
Last edited:
The more photos to show your installation and experience will help the next development. :) we need to fully understand what is the best to install the lens case, where to put the recording unit, how long the lens cable, how long the dashcam cable. :):):)

Do you mean the USB power cable is too short? :rolleyes
There are two USB cables, one is 1.2m, other is 4m, both can connect the recording unit to bike power source.

I can see lens cable is a bit long, you warp it around.

Do not use other USB cable, the pins inside of cable has different deification.

Rock


After a little research, it seems like the cable used on the camera is a UC-E6, a standard for Nikon cameras. I got the same cable in a very short length (like a little over a foot I think) with a set of 3D glasses. If you wanted to swap that for the one you have, let me know. I can't find any short lengths for sale on their own so far.

I though I posted pics of my setup, but it appears I didn't. Currently, the camera cable is not long enough to make it under my seat so I just have it zip tied to my handlebars and wrapped the excess cable around my brake reservoir.

20150204_203004.jpg


20150204_203025.jpg
 
In my case, the lens cable is too short to reach my under-seat area, but too long to have the unit up on my handlebars. It would be nice to have a slightly longer cable for the lens as well as a shorter option.
 
I don't know what a C1 or a C3 is, so you'll have to be more specific. Maybe diagrams?

If you are interested, you can have a quick look on the below videos, so you can find the difference. :)

The C1 has a fixed lens on recording unit, the C3 has a remote lens.
C1, C3 has the same recording unit.

The C1,
[youtube]VxvGcI7tRnM[/youtube]


The C3,
[youtube]aObCaFWvDzs[/youtube]
 
Thanks for that Rock.
For security, I'd like to see a fixed recording unit I can hide or mount under the seat. Then two cabled lipstick cameras, front and rear. All automatic start and record.
 
We are in the process of new development, it has same size like the C1, but has wifi function and waterproof. :):):)

and Have plan to develop dual lens moto camera, one recording unit has two lenses, front lens and rear lens, rear lens is same as the C3, has two ideas about front lens design,

1. front lens is fixed on recording unit, like the C1,
2. front lens is same as the C3, with extend cable.
Dual lens on separate cables like #2 would be better because it's harder to seal a unit that has buttons. Also if the recording unit is left on the front of the bike, the recording unit would be prone to theft and get really grimy from road debris and dirt.

Waterproofing would be nice but not necessary if the recording unit is already tucked under the seat, but I can see more peace of mind by having it water resistant, maybe rated for 3ft/1m or so just so it's splash proof.

I don't think wifi isn't necesary for a dashcam function. You're only going to verify the picture once for straightness and leave it alone, and you could do that just by viewing the card.

Having a manual white balance adjustment in the firmware would be a nice feature. Most of the time, the picture looks overly blue.
 
Last edited:
Thanks for that Rock.
For security, I'd like to see a fixed recording unit I can hide or mount under the seat. Then two cabled lipstick cameras, front and rear. All automatic start and record.

Your idea should come true in 2015.:cool:cool:cool

Now we are collecting the ideas from riders what is the well needed features for this new development.

It should be simple, easy using and installation. :)
 
That would be awesome, and I may just be able to ditch my helmet mounted camera.
I think what you're looking for can already be done.

The belt clip has 2 screws to remove the clip. On the back of the belt clip is a 1/4-20 threaded insert that you can use for mounting. The recording unit clips into that. That's how mine is set up.

http://i.imgur.com/jwGvjHj.jpg
 
But isn't that a single camera with the recording unit?
I had asked for two cameras, and one recording unit which he says is coming later this year.
 
Dual lens on separate cables like #2 would be better because it's harder to seal a unit that has buttons. Also if the recording unit is left on the front of the bike, the recording unit would be prone to theft and get really grimy from road debris and dirt

That is well noted. Two remote lenses will be more flexible, and easy installation.



Waterproofing would be nice but not necessary if the recording unit is already tucked under the seat, but I can see more peace of mind by having it water resistant, maybe rated for 3ft/1m or so just so it's splash proof.

The waterproof could not be 3ft/1m, if to do so, it will makes the case to be huge and hard heat release. Easy heat release is very important.



I don't think wifi isn't necesary for a dashcam function. You're only going to verify the picture once for straightness and leave it alone, and you could do that just by viewing the card.

Wifi is for easy setting on mobile phone, and viewing the recording when stop on road. :):):)


Having a manual white balance adjustment in the firmware would be a nice feature. Most of the time, the picture looks overly blue.

We noticed the picture looks overly blue somewhere, has considered in new development.
 
But isn't that a single camera with the recording unit?
I had asked for two cameras, and one recording unit which he says is coming later this year.
Yeah I should've been more specific. What I meant to say is that the permanently attached part is doable.
 
Well me and my buddy both have these installed on our RTs. We did my buddy's 36k service and I had ordered some stuff to put together a relay and distribution block so that the camera can have switched power under the seat. Came out looking like this:

20150207_234520.jpg


Main parts there are a simple four post relay and a marine grade distribution box. Used a positap to tap into a 12v switched line from the computer connector under the seat and followed the instruction from this website to make the circuit. For now I just cut off the wires from a 12v lighter socket and plugged a lighter style USB adaptor in it to power the unit. Works great! Will be doing the same thing to my bike when my next service comes up (mainly to run the lens cable under the plastics and tank).
 
Back
Top