• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Innovv C3 camera testing- motorcycle dashcam

The SaddleSore 1000 challenge is to ride 1000 miles in under 24 hours. :laughing:laughing:laughing

[youtube]NVWG33LQOXI[/youtube]
 
Last edited:
You can always pop out the MicroSD card and put it into a reader. There are some cheap readers out there that will do all sorts of various formats of memory cards.

Have a reader -just be more convenient to hook the cam up to my Mac with out dicking with the card :rolleyes
 
You can always pop out the MicroSD card and put it into a reader. There are some cheap readers out there that will do all sorts of various formats of memory cards.

Have a reader -just be more convenient to hook the cam up to my Mac with out dicking with the card :rolleyes

The SD card could not be so cheap. :)

It needs to be reliable in quality like this one, we have trusted it for years. :laughing:laughing:laughing
http://www.amazon.com/Super-Speed-Reader-Micro-SCRS064--Green/dp/B00NPM9GV4/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1422496662&sr=8-9&keywords=ssk+micro+sd+card+reader
 
Last edited:
Have a reader -just be more convenient to hook the cam up to my Mac with out dicking with the card :rolleyes

:laughing

True, I guess it's just me, I prefer to remove the cards from my cameras. Force of habit, I guess. :)
 
Any more people want to share pics of their setups so people that just got their cam can get ideas about mounting?
 
https://scontent-2.2914.fna.fbcdn.n...0904073_842542925408_903246969344360363_o.jpg

https://scontent-2.2914.fna.fbcdn.n...679552_842542740778_8005682647640435605_o.jpg

Linked, because the pics are huge. The camera cable is routed between the forks, along the frame under the tank to the recording unit under the seat. The electrical is also hardwired underneath the electrical panel. I did it this way so the camera would be reasonably hidden, and so I could pop the seat off and take the recording unit/sd card out for evidence if I happen to get hit by a car... again.

The lens clip is just a standard 1/4-20 thread so you could easily drill and bolt the clip on anywhere if you want to make it more permanent.
 
https://scontent-2.2914.fna.fbcdn.n...0904073_842542925408_903246969344360363_o.jpg

https://scontent-2.2914.fna.fbcdn.n...679552_842542740778_8005682647640435605_o.jpg

Linked, because the pics are huge. The camera cable is routed between the forks, along the frame under the tank to the recording unit under the seat. The electrical is also hardwired underneath the electrical panel. I did it this way so the camera would be reasonably hidden, and so I could pop the seat off and take the recording unit/sd card out for evidence if I happen to get hit by a car... again.

The lens clip is just a standard 1/4-20 thread so you could easily drill and bolt the clip on anywhere if you want to make it more permanent.

That is the smart installation, it is the best present what the moto dashcam would be. :)

I shared your photos to other riders, they are interested where do you mount or store the recording unit. :wow

They also asked how to absorb the vibration when offroad ridding.
 

attachment.php


As the question to Inner Nerd, where is the recording unit?:wow:wow:wow
 
That is the smart installation, it is the best present what the moto dashcam would be. :)

I shared your photos to other riders, they are interested where do you mount or store the recording unit. :wow

They also asked how to absorb the vibration when offroad ridding.
http://imgur.com/a/Ru1Nd
I went from zip ties to hose clamps. It was more secure than the zip ties that come loose and slip off over time. They don't need to be tight, just snug enough to hold and not slip off, but not so tight that you crush the clip/lens body. I did have to bend the connector tabs on the horn for clearance so the horn doesn't snag the lens/wiring when the bars are turned (which is what broke the lens clip). Power was originally spliced to a wire that switches on with the ignition, but the HID ballasts knocked out the video feed. Ended up finding another which was the OEM auxiliary driving light connector which only switches on when the engine is running. The delay from the recording unit turning on was enough to avoid the light ballast issue. Other than that, no real issues. It was a pretty simple install.

I have no issues with vibrations on or offroad. I drilled a 1/4" hole in a plastic support bracket of the headlight assembly. This meant that the headlight is still 100% weatherproof as it came from the factory. The lens clip is held to the bike with a bolt and washer through a 1/4" hole. The clip doesn't move or rotate with bumps as long as you snug up the clip to the bolt. The headlight bracket is bolted directly to the frame, so that doesn't rattle around at all. The whole setup is pretty solid.

A picture of my recording unit is in the album. All the electrical wiring is in that black plastic side panel. Just routed the length that was needed along the frame, then route the connectors under the seat so I didn't have excess wires and stuff jammed in there. All the excess is ziptied in the side panel out of sight. The recording unit is just attached to the belt clip, and the belt clip happens to clamp onto a small raised lip that was used to hold other wires. I would've drilled a hole to put another 1/4-20 screw to secure the belt clip, but found that it was unnecessary.
 
Last edited:
http://imgur.com/a/Ru1Nd

That is very smart installation, :cool:cool:cool

I'd like your idea to mount the lens case by zip tie, it is more solid than plastic lens case clip, gives me the idea in the new development.

Easy installation and operation is the key for a motocam.
 
Last edited:
INNOVV C3 and help need

We discussed with riders and developed the C3, riders like it because its solid and small lens case, which is easy installation, and invisible. with its auto recording feature, it is named the first moto dahscam.

As the developer and manufacturer of the C3, we would like to have further discussion with more riders,
1) To learn the C3 using experience from current C3 users for improvement.
2) To introduce the C3 to riders who have not see and heard it.
3) To learn from more riders for their need and experience for new development.

We have experience of the first motorcycle dashcam development, and have ambitious to develop the best moto dashcam, and base on our development capability, we are able to do so, :):):)

But we are in China, far from the most riders who are in USA, Europe, so we would like learn the advice,

1) How to introduce the C3 to more riders?
2) How to bring the C3 to local motorcycle evens?
3) If possible, we can look for the experience motorcycle riders who are active on forum to lead discussion with people, to show how to with C3 and his experience.

I am really looking for good advice on the above and willing to sponsors one set C3 for who give us the valuable advice. :):):)
__________________
 
Is there a shorter power cable available? The one included in the package is so long that it takes up a lot of precious space under my seat...
 
I just used the sync cable that came with the kit instead of the power cable (which works great in a car... have it running from the rear of the car to the front)
 
I installed mine on my Ducati Panigale. But just uninstalled it.
Cable just run under the seat. But it's too hot there. Body would be almost too hot to handle with bare hands, I'm thinking 80f? I lost one 64gB card there I. The unit. I had to move unit under the tail with hdmi extenders.

Only the unit doesn't seem to work with them. I had to use 3 of them, one regular to mini, extender, then make to female again normal to mini - no other way to extend mini to mini directly on Amazon.

Unit would star recording sometimes, sometimes not. Wire was running under the tank, on top of the engine, no damage, but who knows? It record only a few files, never filled the 32GB Card (latest firmware installed)

Very unhappy right now and looking to return the unit.
 
IAmA M0t0r Ridεr;8892852 said:
I installed mine on my Ducati Panigale. But just uninstalled it.
Cable just run under the seat. But it's too hot there. Body would be almost too hot to handle with bare hands, I'm thinking 80f? I lost one 64gB card there I. The unit. I had to move unit under the tail with hdmi extenders.

Only the unit doesn't seem to work with them. I had to use 3 of them, one regular to mini, extender, then make to female again normal to mini - no other way to extend mini to mini directly on Amazon.

Unit would star recording sometimes, sometimes not. Wire was running under the tank, on top of the engine, no damage, but who knows? It record only a few files, never filled the 32GB Card (latest firmware installed)

Very unhappy right now and looking to return the unit.

PM sent, and would like to learn what happens. :)
 
Back
Top