• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

ADV/DS ride Lake Berryessa/Knoxville OHV/Rayhouse Rd.

I'm in for Knoxville & Rieff/Rayhouse this Sun.

I would love to join you, Paul. I am also about 90% sure that I'll be able to.

I love Stony, but it is WAY too far to go for a day trip. I need to camp at least one night if I ride/drive 2.5-3 hours each way.
 
Oh no, Jimbo. Heal up, get better, and come out to play. :thumbup

I hope it isn't anything serious.

Not too bad, just a broken arm :laughing I got bit by a too old front tire out in the desert. Lesson learned the hard way.

Its going on 2.5 weeks now and I was able to ride into work with a brace on today. Still going to be a little while before I can take on the ADV madness. I'll be itching to get back out on the dirt with you hooligans.
 
I would love to join you, Paul. I am also about 90% sure that I'll be able to.

I love Stony, but it is WAY too far to go for a day trip. I need to camp at least one night if I ride/drive 2.5-3 hours each way.

As long as it's not as wet as last month, and at least one other person goes, I'm in for sure.

Stoneyford is out of the question for me.
 
Anyone need a used Metz Sahara? $30.00

Just posted a used 140/80-18 Enduro 3 Sahara in the "Parts for sale" thread. See:

http://bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8412806#post8412806


As for the ride on the 9th, I'm about 50/50 right now. Likely too much muck for the big bikes and I'm just finishing a top end job on the DRZ400. Dunno if I'll be finished in time 'cause I'm waiting for head work to be completed.
 
Thinking of joining for next Sunday, March 9. I'd be riding from SF on a DR350, not familiar with that area. What's the total time/mileage round trip approx?

Its pretty much all day. About 100 miles from SF to the Reif Road turnoff, 17 miles to highway 16, 13 miles to gas at Cache Creek Casino for a total of 140 miles. One way. Then you gotta get back.
 
Its pretty much all day. About 100 miles from SF to the Reif Road turnoff, 17 miles to highway 16, 13 miles to gas at Cache Creek Casino for a total of 140 miles. One way. Then you gotta get back.

Pretty much spot on. I should add that I have done the trip, riding from Pacifica, on both an XT225 and a DR350. That said, if you can truck the bike to the meet-up point, it might be a good idea. That bike is not great for the slab stretch from SF to Fairfield, for sure. The rest will be fun, though. :thumbup
 
The Doppler is forecasting rain, we still doing it in the rain or should we look for other riding opportunities :rolleyes
 
Rain = mud. Mud = fun. I'm not going to melt if I get wet/muddy. How about you guys? FYI, I am talking about Knoxville, not Stony.
 
That's what I was hoping to hear Aaronod, I'm in.
 
As long as you help me pick my bike up after I drop it in the mud for the 23847932749327493rd time. :laughing
 
Last edited:
hahahaa ditto bro!

It's only a 30% chance of rain too
 
Last edited:
Having a R1200GS Adventure, with 80/20 tires...I'm not that crazy about riding it off-road in the rain (mud and no off-road tires do not really go together).

Is any one up for doing this loop on Saturday?
 
My son and I are running 100% street tires on our supermotos, possibly heading into Lower Lake then down thru Calistoga and home.:wtf
Is the gate even open ?
 
Last edited:
Dean, it might just be you and me in the muddy stuff. You game? I'm game! :party
 
Whatdya mean Aaronod (notice I just made that up, and I like it) Sid and son are going too but on supermotos with street tires. We just might have a chance of keeping them in sight in the mud. Sure I'm game!:afm199
 
Oooooh, I misunderstood him. Sounded like they were going to go to lower lake instead of Reiff Rd. Even if Sid's on a gold wing with slicks I won't be able to keep him in sight. :laughing
 
Back
Top