• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

ADV/DS ride Lake Berryessa/Knoxville OHV/Rayhouse Rd.

It WAS a mountain bike.

Always thought the full face mountain bike helmets were worn by real racers and "posers".

Rethinking that bit now. Having a full face or chinbar would have likely meant no LOC and no ... or at least minor facial injury.

It might look silly but, believe me, it's way better than having the entire planet smack you in the face.

I've just now discovered that eating toast with a broken tooth and a beat up mouth is NOT fun.

Post lots of photos of the ride tomorrow, please.
 
It WAS a mountain bike.

Always thought the full face mountain bike helmets were worn by real racers and "posers".

Rethinking that bit now. Having a full face or chinbar would have likely meant no LOC and no ... or at least minor facial injury.

It might look silly but, believe me, it's way better than having the entire planet smack you in the face.

I've just now discovered that eating toast with a broken tooth and a beat up mouth is NOT fun.

Post lots of photos of the ride tomorrow, please.

Just think about how your face saved the rest of your body!!

Heal up. Was hoping to see te Afican Twin out there tomorrow.
 
Actually I was planning on taking the DR750 Suzuki. It's faster and I rode at the back last time.
 
Actually I was planning on taking the DR750 Suzuki. It's faster and I rode at the back last time.

I can't thank you enough for the work you did on the last ride. My day would have been very different if you weren't there keeping an eye on the stragglers. Thanks! Next time you should rip with the fast guys and I will hang back.

My plan is to meet u guys @ Knoxville ready to roll 10:30 will truck up in am.

:party
Looking forward to seeing you. If last month was any gauge, we might be a little on the late side. We'll try to get there on time.

KSU up on time this month, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Roll call on folks meeting up at Fairfield Starbucks?
I will be there around 8:30.
Black NX650, tan textile suit.
 
Roll call on folks meeting up at Fairfield Starbucks?
I will be there around 8:30.
Black, NX650, tan textile suit.

Since when are you black? :laughing

I'll be there at 8:30. Looking forward to seeing you. I'll be on my 690 Adventure :teeth
 
I'm actually going to be able to make the DS ride tomorrow. Yeah! I've missed this ride far too many times in the past year.
 
I'm quite new to dual sporting, but this is already one of my favorite routes. I plan on coming out tomorrow to join the group ride and I look forward to meeting you all. : )

I'll be wearing a tan textile jacket and black pants. Riding a wr250r.
 
I'm in. New to this ride and new to my not so new bike but not so new to playing in the dirt. Lookin forward to having some fun. ...and a big thanks to the gent that let me take his KTM for a spin at the BARF cook off.... I woulda been blissfully ignorant of what I was missing if you'd have been a bit stingier with your ride :).
 
I'm quite new to dual sporting, but this is already one of my favorite routes. I plan on coming out tomorrow to join the group ride and I look forward to meeting you all. : )

I'll be wearing a tan textile jacket and black pants. Riding a wr250r.

Excellent. I look forward to meeting you. :thumbup

I'm in. New to this ride and new to my not so new bike but not so new to playing in the dirt. Lookin forward to having some fun. ...and a big thanks to the gent that let me take his KTM for a spin at the BARF cook off.... I woulda been blissfully ignorant of what I was missing if you'd have been a bit stingier with your ride :).

:wave
Looking forward to seeing you again. :party
 
Ladder, sorry to hear about your get off. Heal up and see you on the next one.
Won't be making this one either fellas.... should be perfect weather. Have fun and be safe!
 
Great ride today! I had an absolute blast. It was a great mix of new faces and great folks I hadn't seen in awhile.

Mark, it was a pleasure watching you rip around on that WR! :thumbup

Brian, it was good to see you again. We didn't get much chance to chat at Dani's BBQ, but we made up for some of that today.

Bruno, you are an absolute beast. I was stoked to see you out again today, and had a great time riding and chatting with you. Thanks again for the nice cold beer after the ride, too. That REALLY hit the spot.

Greg, sorry you weren't able to stick around for the whole ride. Next time. It was great to see you.

Paul, I will miss you when you move to LA. I'm glad I got to see you once more before your move. :thumbup

Aaron, it was fun catching up a bit again today. See you soon, sir!

I'm showered, fed, and am snuggling in with the wifey for a bit of television. Not a bad way to wrap-up the day. :thumbup
 
Aaron thanks for the take bike around gate. Enabled me to have a good ride with good people. Not surprised about people barf seems to have a lot of them. The weather and scenery was perfect

Bruno
 
It was great riding with all of you today. It's been too long since I've done it. After leaving the group at the closed and locked gate, I just back tracked down Reiff Rd and went the other way thru Knoxville (Rocksville OHV). Got home before 3pm and even had time to do some house chores before taking a well deserved nap!

Special thanks to Aaron for leading this ride and being a good ride leader. :thumbup

Special wishes for Paul & his wife with their move to SoCal.:(

And kudos to Bruno for being such an inspiration to the rest of us.:afm199

:ride
 
Back
Top