I built a model of that jet in a later version of that paint scheme. I always thought it was cool how they made an A-4 resemble a MiG-17 using a creative paint job.TA-4 from VF-126 painted to look like a MiG-17.
View attachment 602492
One of the (many) classified parts of the B-52 was that all 4 landing gear are steerable.When an aircraft's wheels break contact with the runway, the aircraft will weather vane into the wind.
That cylinder on the canopy rail is a "knife" that was intended to be used to break through the canopy that was jammed closed. They had the same one on the F-5s and T-38's. We tried to break through an old canopy and weren't able to do it. Seemed like a joke / useless to us.
Dude, if that's your work and you have more models of any kind, please to make a thread about it.I built a model of that jet in a later version of that paint scheme. I always thought it was cool how they made an A-4 resemble a MiG-17 using a creative paint job.
View attachment 602494
Seriously doubt this was classified as it could be observed on every TO and many landings. It was also tested during taxi before take off. 416th Bomb Wing, 416 Avionics Maintenance Sqd. 77-81. Innovative, yes, classified, no.One of the (many) classified parts of the B-52 was that all 4 landing gear are steerable.
Seeing it done vs knowing all the details about how it works are different maybe?Seriously doubt this was classified as it could be observed on every TO and many landings. It was also tested during taxi before take off. 416th Bomb Wing, 416 Avionics Maintenance Sqd. 77-81. Innovative, yes, classified, no.
Makes sense.Seriously doubt this was classified as it could be observed on every TO and many landings. It was also tested during taxi before take off. 416th Bomb Wing, 416 Avionics Maintenance Sqd. 77-81. Innovative, yes, classified, no.
I have a cabinet full of models and even more unbuilt kits. I rediscovered the hobby when I was going through a really shitty divorce and custody battle about a decade ago. It was a very therapeutic way to focus on something else. I haven't had much motivation to build the last couple of years, though.Dude, if that's your work and you have more models of any kind, please to make a thread about it.![]()
I'll be stoked if you share. My divorce outlet was triathlonI have a cabinet full of models and even more unbuilt kits. I rediscovered the hobby when I was going through a really shitty divorce and custody battle about a decade ago. It was a very therapeutic way to focus on something else. I haven't had much motivation to build the last couple of years, though.

I made a page on the book of faces several years back just for model stuff.I'll be stoked if you share. My divorce outlet was triathlon![]()
I made a page on the book of faces several years back just for model stuff.
![]()
Geoff's Scale Models and Aviation Musings
Geoff's Scale Models and Aviation Musings. 1,525 followers. I created this page to celebrate my lifelong love affair with aviation--especially naval aviation. I'll post up scale model stuff and...www.facebook.com

Silly you for not getting into the BUFF dept.From the "Who Cares?™ Department" of Tim...
Looking at those F-5's made me realize that every military aircraft I touched while on Active Duty has 'aged out' and been retired. I'm sure I'm not the only BARFer that can say that. It's time to go see one of the few remaining Topgun F-5s. It's sitting on the ground at the Hemet airport.
I don't feel old, but facts is facts.
SERIOUSLY!! it was actually worth logging into facebook to see that collection. NICE WORK.wow, that was the coolest thing I’ve seen all week, thanks for the link!
just loved the model building contest and model club stuff. what a wonderful subculture … and the photographs of your models are fantastic, too.![]()