• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Broken clavicle 9/4/17

Hey XC thanks alot for the well wishes. You're right about the things we take for granted. I'm a lefty so this has been kinda weird for me. The pain still has been fine so far luckily but I stopped wearing the sling on Weds and have just been letting my arm do its thing hoping that I'll not have as much stiffness in my elbow and shoulder. If this caused pain I'd be using the sling but it hasn't. The days have been fine, but I have gotten lousy sleep this week for sure and I'm assuming next week will be rough after the surgery. I'm sure I'll be taking the pain meds after surgery so maybe that will make a difference. Thanks again. :thumbup
 
Heal Up Daniel.. Maybe you should mark your bad shoulder with a marker so they know which one to operate on...
 
:laughing Its pretty obvious which one is broken. Between the bone sticking up, the yellow/purple bruise, and the scrapes on the shoulder I think they will get it right.

On a side note my Sunday paper had a "Sonoma" magazine in it that had a list of "Top Sonoma Doctors 2017" and the guy doing my surgery was on the list for sports medicine/surgical, orthopedics so that made me feel a little better.
 
Glad to hear you'll be in capable hands. I'm just going to leave this here....

:later


s759263567448173009_p471_i211_w1111.jpeg
 
I love my barf "friends". :love :laughing
 
Just home from surgery all went well. Going back to sleep now.
 
thanks for checking in. The throbbing pain will subside in a day or four>
Thinking really hugely giggly thoughts for a really speedy, the speediest of recoveries.
 
Thanks guys. Pain is not too bad at all. Staying ahead of it for the next few days. Worst thing is my throat is soar from whatever tube hey stuck in there. Couple beers outta solve that. :teeth

Gotta say I'm impressed with Kaiser. The nurse Joyce(?) in the pre op room was awesome and really helped me feel confident before I went in. So was the nurse in the recovery room Charleton. It was nice that someone was there when I woke up.

Also as an added bonus they shaved the left side of my chest. That's going to be fun I bet! :laughing So glad this part is over. Thanks so much for all the support folks! This community is awesome!
 
Good stuff, Daniel. So, is the wifey OK with being married to a post-op? Sorry. Had to. Love ya, man. Rest up and I'll see you soon.
 
Glad it all went well! Now to finish healing up and getting things moving again (sometimes the worst part).
 
Thanks guys. Pain is not too bad at all. Staying ahead of it for the next few days. Worst thing is my throat is soar from whatever tube hey stuck in there. Couple beers outta solve that. :teeth

That wasn't a tube :later

Also as an added bonus they shaved the left side of my chest. That's going to be fun I bet! :laughing So glad this part is over. Thanks so much for all the support folks! This community is awesome!

Pics of half shaved chest or gtfo :laughing
 
:rofl :rofl Damn i set that up nicely didn't I? Aaron you're slipping!
 
:rofl :rofl Damn i set that up nicely didn't I? Aaron you're slipping!

In all seriousness, did your teeth feel like they had a slight film on them when you woke up? Did you need water? That is often a sure sign of a good ol fashion throat tubin' :teeth
 
Woah! TMI!! :rofl Hope you're having fun on your trip!
 
No kidding. I only took two norcos last week and it's like my intestines hit the brakes for bit. :laughing

If that's the worst of it I'll count myself lucky. Gotta say the shoulder feels so much more stable. Its noticeable just walking around in the sling. The whole area is still numb but it's starting to get tingly so probably going to pop another norco and get caught up on Man in the High Castle. :thumbup
 
Back
Top