• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Corvette show in Los Altos

Ooops! It’s 245. Must be that I’m elderly. Which I am.
 
Gemini_Generated_Image_wx4nkjwx4nkjwx4n.jpg
 
We drove our C6 Z06, er, “Bud”, as we call her, to the reunion thing this evening.
OMG. BIG fun…

I think I am figuring out the factory paint defect thing. It is real.
According to the internet.
 
I will take my annual lap of the show and dip out after 15 minutes. I’ve seen enough Corvette shows in my life, that at this point I’ve kinda seen it all.

The Santa Clara Corvettes show was a whole lot better when they used to do it indoors at the Santa Clara Fairgrounds. And they used to do a raffle where they would give away a brand new Corvette. 30+ years ago, my dad was in charge of that show for a couple years. Sure was a lot of work.
 
We drove our C6 Z06, er, “Bud”, as we call her, to the reunion thing this evening.
OMG. BIG fun…

I think I am figuring out the factory paint defect thing. It is real.
According to the internet.
It’s fun to drive a car that has way too much power and begs to go fast.
Corvettes are a special breed. They make a fairly limited number every year and sell every one without advertising.
And in many respects Corvettes rank right up there with other super cars that cost 2X or 3X more.
 
Had a friend...ahh, the good ole days...
He had a '63...
I used to help him out...When he needed an extra pair of hands...
He let me drive it once...Good times

:teeth
 
Back in the day Ford Mustangs and Thunderbirds (remember them) were close rivals of the Corvette but unfortunately never survived. Camaros were hot items too.

Mustangs are still around but who cares?

“And she’ll have fun fun fun ‘til her Daddy takes the T-bird away”.
Good times for sure.
 
Last edited:
It’s fun to drive a car that has way too much power and begs to go fast.
Corvettes are a special breed.

Can confirm. Five or six years ago I was rolling into a restaurant for lunch. Outside is a brand new white Corvette with paper dealer license plates parked diagonally across the handicap parking spot out front. I see a client and his wife in a booth at the front of the joint with the 'Vette just outside the booth window. I stop by to say hello and then point to the car and say "look at this guy parking like a F'n A-hole". Jim looks at me and says "hey, that's my new car!". He didn't take my comment too personally and we chatted about cars for a bit, mostly him listing all the features and specs of his new 2020-ish Corvette like a excited teen. I only remember three items, ~495 HP and a race mode that bypassed the muffler which added a few HP and made it loud and is not street legal plus he opted for yellow brake calipers, not red, which I thought was a crime. He wasn't impressed with my Camry nor my first car, a '66 Ford Mustang in Spring yellow with a black vinyl top, 289ci, 4b carb, dual exhaust, 4sp. manual. As I was leaving to get my own seat at the diner I jokingly said "Hey, when are you going to let me drive it" and he replied "Come out to the house this weekend and we can go for a spin."

That was am offer I could not resist so I met him at his house on a Sunday or Saturday morning. He lives near 280 in a wealthy enclave and we hop in with him driving and get on the freeway heading South. He is showing me all the doodads of his new car then punches it, I am pressed against the seat and we went from 60mph to probably about 140mph in a flash. As we are flying down 280 I noticed we were quickly gaining on a CHP in the fast lane. I pointed the cruiser out and he says "oh" and backs off and we quickly take the next exit at Sand Hill. He pulls over and we swap seats and I head North on 280. I was a bit worried about the CHP but didn't see any so at about 60mph I punched it and I think before I even got the pedal to the metal I was well over 100mph so I backed off, as I didn't want to go to jail that day. Good, fun times.
 
Last edited:
Forgot the 9ers are playing.

No time for boomer posters. I have to believe there are some younger Vetters in the crowd.
 
Forgot the 9ers are playing.

No time for boomer posters. I have to believe there are some younger Vetters in the crowd.
I did the lap. Wife and I were up and down the street in ~20 min. Would have been less, but we got caught taking to an owner of a ‘54 for a bit. They kind of grouped them by generation, and as usual the latest generation was the majority of the cars there. Was a bit shocked to see hardly any C3 and C4s there.

Sorry no pictures everyone. Like I said, I’ve been going to these shows for for years now so not much blows my skirt up anymore.

Not many people walking around in Niners gear. We hit the Santa Clara Art and Wine festival right after. Saw a few Faithful walking around there at least.
 
I always thought that the ‘58 Vette looked the best. But it needs an aluminum 427, a Jerico 6 speed, modern independent suspension front and rear, and a sturdy roll bar/cage.
 
A buddy of mine had his '67 L71 in the show. Said he got drafted to help park cars, so he got a list of the entrants - (11) C1s, (21) C2s, (10) C3s, (6) C4s, (6) C5s, (12) C6s, (17) C7s, (48) C8s!

This is why I don't go to Corvette shows anymore.
 
Back
Top