• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Gasser make over

seavoyage

grunt n00b
Joined
Dec 2, 2011
Location
Walnut Creek
Moto(s)
-
Name
Doc
What I wished for last Christmas:

The Inspiration: Fantic TR300ES released as a concept model in late 2011.

FanticLawn_zps69b02bd4.jpg

GasGas supplies the engine for this 2013 Fantic Caballero TR300ES. 2013 is the first production year of this limited edition designed for the 2013 ISDE. Note GasGas and Fantic similarities in trials influenced chassis design and shared components: Polisport plastic, Excel wheels, Brembo clutch, Nissin brakes, Braking brake rotors, Ohlins rear shock, Keihin PWK 38 carburetor, seat, fuel tank. Fantic uses it's own frame and clutch cover; and selects Italian components when possible: Tomasseli handlebars, Marzocchi forks, Hand made expansion chambers by Scalvini Racing and BigOne.

To date Fantic Scuderia has not confirmed a U.S. importer, so I decided that with the exception of the Fantic specific frame and clutch cover I could build the closest thing...

The winter 2012 project

Before:

EC300_R.jpg
EC300_L.jpg

GasGas EC300 comes stock from the factory with: Marzocchi Shiver forks, Ohlins rear shock, Takasago Excel rims, Hebo handlebars, Domino throttle, Brembo hydraulic clutch, dual map ignition switch, Moto Tassinari VForce-3 reed black, Messico exhaust, FMF Turbine Core silencer.

GasGas 2007-2011 EC300 model chassis/engines are almost identical specifications to the Fantic TR300ES. The GasGas 2012-2013 model retains the same engine but uses a different frame, shock linkage, a composite subframe, suspension components, and body work.

After:

IMG_0103.JPG
IMG_0104.JPG

CA Street plated :ride

Polisport plastic with factory decals, Rebuilt engine top-end and bottom-end. Rekluse clutch, Barnett clutch basket, S3 Hi-comp head with interchangeable inserts, Wossner piston, LTR power valve cover, LTR jetting, Messico pipe, FMF Q-Stealth silencer, TwinAir filter with Power Flow alloy cage, TrailTech Vapor, Shorai battery, Clarke tank, Braking rotors, ProTaper sprockets, Dicks Racing suspension, Motion Pro Micro fork bleeders, IMS Superstock footpegs, Scorpion skid plate, E-line pipe guard, Cycra Pro-bend handguards, EnduroEngineering Rad guards, CV4 31 lbs. radiator cap, In-line alloy impeller, Pirelli Scorpion Pro F.I.M. front tire with Bib-Mousse, Pirelli MT83 Trials rear tire with Tubliss @ 7 psi., Moose Racing wheel/swingarm/shock linkage bearings, heated ProTaper Pillowtop grips, SAE coaxial auxilliary power port for electric heated vest, Quick release axles, Tugger straps, Guts seat cover, Garmin GPS on Ram-mount, Moose Roll chart reader, Polisport MMX Hi/Lo HID headlight.

California is the only state that does not have GasGas dealers. 2011 was the last year GasGas had dealers in California.
 
Last edited:
:thumbup really? is this all the pron you are going to supply us with???
 
wow really trick bits on that bike! FOAR triples stock?
 
wow really trick bits on that bike! FOAR triples stock?

Yep - Nuova Faor http://www.nuovafaor.net/ is the technical partner that supplies the triple clamps. Domino/Tomasselli http://www.domino-group.com/it/home/home.aspx throttle, handlebars, and grips. BigOne hand made exhaust: http://www.bigoneracing.it/

The GasGas engine uses a Moto Tassinari http://www.mototassinari.com/ V3 reed block. The conrod, clutch basket, and clutch plates are interchangeable with Honda CR125R/CR250R. I installed a Rekluse clutch with a Barnett clutch basket.

Braking http://www.braking.com/ rotors and pads; Twin-Air fliters: http://www.twinair.com/ (same model mas a Honda CR125R/250R); Marzocchi forks, Ohlins shock, and Takasago Excel http://www.excel-rim.co.jp/global/rim.htm Series 7 rims are installed on both the GasGas EC300 and the Fantic TR300ES. Source: http://www.fanticmotor.it/partners/partners.php

I upgraded the engine with the S3 Stars high-compression cylinder head with three different volume head inserts to give an option to change compression ratios to compensate for fuel and altitude, and add more cylinder head cooling. I currently use the high-compression insert as used in the ISDE kits. It works fine with California 91 octane (horrible hydrophilic properties and poor shelf life) and and 32:1 pre-mix.

s3_High_Compress_4cb3e7aa10f30.jpg


The Rekluse clutch and S3 Stars cylinder head was adopted from 2011 onward on the GasGas factory ISDE bikes:

Lulu Puy #22:
dscn9892p.jpg
Since the ISDE bikes are often plated for street use, I decided it would be appropriate to do the same on my EC300

Christopher Nambotin #4 in E3 class:
dscn9905p.jpg


Ivan Cervantes #25 in E2 class:
dscn9912p.jpg


The FMF Q-Stealth silencer is used to keep below F.I.M. sound level tresholds, and easily passes the CA OHV 96dB limit.

We set up the EC300 for Extreme Enduro with armor (Bash plate, pipe guard, hand guards, rad braces) and Lift straps.

 
Last edited:
:hail

I loved that GasGas from the moment I laid eyes on it when it was on your hitch carrier. I loved it even more when I saw the LICENSE PLATE. It's looking even better now. The only way to improve it now would be to cut off those silly colored spoke guards that were on it when you bought it. :laughing

Damn, I need to get my butt back out in the dirt.
 
The only way to improve it now would be to cut off those silly colored spoke guards that were on it when you bought it. :laughing

It just seems like such a hassle to do each spoke... :mad

We're riding trials at Frank Raines this weekend. I'm going to use the EC300 on the easy sections, while my daughter rides the proper trials bike. Trials easy section often translate to stupid gnarly on an Enduro bike... we shall see.

FRTrial13.jpg
 
Last edited:
This category sizzles, Sweet Fantic :thumbup.

I was just in at Lewis Sports USA..They were uncrating the new Ossa's.

OMG The Design Quantum Leap...Comes in two versions...Trials or normal seat.

Cylinder lays back like the rear cylinder of a V twin.
EXhaust out the back, Fuel injection intake at front.

Lewis Sports can tweek the injection and the ignition to the riders style (or level), from a lap-top.

All transmission gear cluster comes out cartridge style, on one side,

Engine crank out the other side, after connecting rod is dis-connected.
 
Last edited:
the new Ossa's.

OMG The Design Quantum Leap...Comes in two versions...Trials or normal seat.

Cylinder lays back like the rear cylinder of a V twin.
EXhaust out the back, Fuel injection intake at front.

Lewis Sports can tweek the injection and the ignition to the riders style (or level), from a lap-top.

All transmission gear cluster comes out cartridge style, on one side,

Engine crank out the other side, after connecting rod is dis-connected.

Dot you have any photos of the Ossa Explorer from Adrian? You coming out to Frank Raines this weekend?

20130213_154613.jpg


C2A9_ossa_explorer-004.jpg
 
Didn't know about it till now. I'll start thinking about it :thumbup..And wake up my bike...it could enjoy seeing the Modesto Dealership, that it hasn't been back to since it was bought in 05. :laughing

I don't have any Ossa photo's But Yours are excellent :thumbup
 
Last edited:
I've been excited about the Ossa Explorer since they announced it a couple of years ago. That damned page is still saved in my favorites. Too pricey for me at this point, but they are REALLY cool bikes.
 
I've been excited about the Ossa Explorer since they announced it a couple of years ago. That damned page is still saved in my favorites. Too pricey for me at this point, but they are REALLY cool bikes.

Fuel Injected 2-Stroke!

I spoke briefly with Adrian Lewis of LewisportUSA at Frank Raines today. He is the US importer for Ossa, and recently brought in and sold most of his Ossa Explorer inventory.

We discussed importing the Ossa 300i... now this is too cool: 2-stroke EFI running 120:1 premix ratios to meet EU emissions. The engine cants backward, Intake is in front, exhaust in behind the engine (a la Cannondale 440). Cartidge gearbox.

Ossa-Enduro-300i_1-Befurious.com_.jpg


[YOUTUBE]/BMkF6Kd0h_M[/YOUTUBE]​

Here's the 2011 concept bike:
[YOUTUBE]OiD3A89RiYI[/YOUTUBE]​
 
Back
Top