• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Honda Grom - Top speed?

Still seems like the best money spent on these things would be a big bore and tune. You could do that for the price of a yoshi pipe.. I still think the performance vs. cost ratio is horribly off for these things. And nope novelty factor doesn't make up the difference.

What other brand new bike can you get for $3200?

Yea, you can get big bore kits fora few hundred dollars. I don't want to mess with the motor that much. I'm pretty happy with the way it is - its not a highway bike.

The cost vs. fun factor is the best out of any bike I think. I'm always having fun on the Grom.
 
I dont even think a grom is legal to be on the freeway in the first place, dear god riding it over the bridge sounds like alot of work as well.

You are correct, it is not legal. Saved 20 minutes on my commute from San Lorenzo to Foster City, not to mention $2.50 for toll. :laughing Trust me, during commute hours, the Grom is probably the most perfect commuter bike. $3.00 to fill up, lasts me 4 days :thumbup

Heck, I even rode it to Mountain View from Foster City to check out a car i was buying. Then commuted back to San Lorenzo taking 84, again during rush our commute :)
 
Last edited:
Oh and I must mention, I did trade it in my Grom last week for my R6. The dealership is in Petaluma (55 miles away). I could not tell my girl I was going to buy another bike since I just bought a car, so guess what...I rode the Grom to Petaluma at 6am in the morning, traded it in then rode the R6 back :rofl

The Grom actually did well in the slow lane, but it was cold AF! :laughing

Here is the bike I traded in:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/mcd/5305160076.html

and the bike I bought:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/mcd/5291200917.html
 
Last edited:
What other brand new bike can you get for $3200?

Yea, you can get big bore kits fora few hundred dollars. I don't want to mess with the motor that much. I'm pretty happy with the way it is - its not a highway bike.

The cost vs. fun factor is the best out of any bike I think. I'm always having fun on the Grom.

$3200 , more like $4200. :laughing

It's cool if you just want to make noise or whatever. Engine work wise you'd be hard pressed to find anything easier to work on short of a 2-smoke. A big bore also isn't going to decrease reliability if you use quality parts. Nope it's not a freeway bike, I have mini myself and have done some pretty epic back roads tours but to hell with riding anywhere else on it. I don't want to end up under a prius. :wow
 
I hit maybe 65ish going down hill with good tail wind. I'm 5'7 165.

Fun little bike. Too bad most of my ride is long distances. If I live and worked in the city, the Grom would be in my garage.
 
What other brand new bike can you get for $3200?

Yea, you can get big bore kits fora few hundred dollars. I don't want to mess with the motor that much. I'm pretty happy with the way it is - its not a highway bike.

The cost vs. fun factor is the best out of any bike I think. I'm always having fun on the Grom.

My SYM Wolf 150 (think cb125) was 3200 OTD. Better comparison reviews to a Grom too.
 
Grom is definitely FUN! I am having a blast on this bike! It is not freeway legal because its 125 cc ( gotta have 150cc+ for freeway) but honestly i wouldnt want to take it on the freeway anyway.

Hopefully after break-in period it gets better, i heard the gears shift smoother as well.


One thing i noticed bikers dont wave anymore! lmao i have scooters wave at me!!
 
My Grom motor is stock but it does have extras
Have hit 63 twice but mostly tops out at 56.
full tuck helps a lot
 
Last edited:
im over 300lbs and ive gone 72mph on a slight uphill then again mines modded lol
 
..... the Grom is probably the most perfect commuter bike. $3.00 to fill up, lasts me 4 days :thumbup

yup, on both points! :thumbup

6 - 8 bucks every two weeks on the Grom vs 60 - 80 bucks driving my truck :thumbdown + the Grom saves me about 20 minutes in commute time, daily.
 
Back
Top