• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Innovv C3 camera testing- motorcycle dashcam

I think I'm having problems with my camera

First off my computer don't see it when I plug it into my computer

And I watched the video says it takes 2 hours for a full charge and the light will go out when fully charged..I charged it for 4 hours and the light is still on

Why does my computer not see the device

It's a PC

So update

My computer still does not see the camera..and it seems like it's still charging

The light has not went off yet..when fully charged

The camera is working..if I take the card out of the camera and plug it I to my computer
It will play using windows media player and no other player

When connect the camera to PC, the lens cable MUST plug into recording unit.

Charge time is one half hour is enough, you can see orange LED.

You need to use short USB data cable to connect the PC,
If you also can use SD card reader to watch the recordings, fw and Setting update.

Just try,

Rock
 
Looks like the C4 lens is integrated to the body, vs the cable-attached lens on the C3? C3 works for my purposes (one in car, one on bike, eventually).

Yes, C4 len is integrated to the body.
it has wifi function and water resistant feature. :cool:cool:cool

Small profile, light weight, easy to mount on helmet and bar.
 
Yes, C4 len is integrated to the body.
it has wifi function and water resistant feature. :cool:cool:cool

Small profile, light weight, easy to mount on helmet and bar.

Hah... you should update your website, Rock! :laughing
 
The Golden C3 Lens cable

You will be surprised the C3 lens cable became to be golden. :rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes

This cable is made by a rider, he needs help, I'd like to share it below,

My motorcycle is a 1980 Honda.

I have used the C3 only powered by it’s own battery. I have not connected it to the motorcycle at all. (I plan to do that later.)

I have done some more testing.
If I put the camera – all parts - at the back of the motorcycle, it works fine.
If I put the camera – all parts – at the front of the motorcycle (near the engine), then the video freezes as soon as I start the motorcycle engine. I would guess that the problem is Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) from the motorcycle’s ignition system.
 

Attachments

  • HDMI_Copper_Tape.jpg
    HDMI_Copper_Tape.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 20
The Golden C3 Lens cable

I now have the extension cable. Unfortunately it does not help.
With the extension cable, I put the lens at the front of the motorcycle and the camera at the back.
The video still freezes.
I even tried wrapping the entire cable, including the lens, in copper foil tape to shield the cable and reduce electrical interference.
The video still freezes as soon as I start the motorcycle engine.
The video works fine if I mount everything at the back of the motorcycle.
The video freezes when I start the engine if I mount the lens at the front of the motorcycle.
This means I can only use the C3 as a rear facing camera.
I’d really like to use the camera up front. Do you have any further suggestions ?
 
Why is he using metallic wraps as a means of electrical isolation? That is the exact opposite of what he should be using. Am I missing something? :wtf
 
Why is he using metallic wraps as a means of electrical isolation? That is the exact opposite of what he should be using. Am I missing something? :wtf


Do you have solution?

Other rider mentioned,
1980 Honda would have CDI (capacitor discharge ignition) from memory, it will cause noise for sure
 
My solution would be to NOT wrap the cable with conductive material. He is not helping his situation there. If he wants to wrap it with anything, he should use something that is insulative, not conductive.
 
I can have him to try insulative material.

From my understanding, the capacitor discharge ignition may be the reason.
 
Yes, there is likely electromagnetic interference. The way to prevent that from messing with the camera is to shield the cable, not to make it more conductive. The guy is making his problem worse, not better. If he unwraps the cable and restores it to stock form, it would probably work fine.
 
Yes, there is likely electromagnetic interference. The way to prevent that from messing with the camera is to shield the cable, not to make it more conductive. The guy is making his problem worse, not better. If he unwraps the cable and restores it to stock form, it would probably work fine.

See below,:):):)

Thank you for the ideas. Yes the ignition is CDI and is certainly a source of noise.

I started with the unmodified hdmi cable and the video froze as soon as I started the motorcycle. That's why I tried the copper foil wrap - it should help. (Shielded cable is normally wrapped in either a wire mess or copper or aluminum foil to capture external EMI and take it to ground before it reaches the inner conductors where it will cause interference.)

So far, I'm powering the camera from its own internal battery. Ferrite chocks would help suppress internal noise on the power line once I wire the camera to power from the motorcycle. I'll try it but I don't think it will do much against externally generated noise which is radiated into the hdmi cable.

Again, thank you all. Please keep the ideas coming. I really like this camera. It works great as a rear-view dash cam. I'd love to use it up front too.
 
He seems to feel like he understands electricity very well. If he does, then he knows considerably more than I.
 
Ferrite beads along the cable might help reduce the RF noise
 
My camera is not holding a charge keeps turning off every time I go for a ride it's starting to piss me off

Almost time to send it back..
 
My camera is not holding a charge keeps turning off every time I go for a ride it's starting to piss me off

Almost time to send it back..

As discussed, you have the capacitor version, that could not hold power.

Yes, just send it back, to get battery version.
 
How long does it usually takes for the shipping?
 
From China to US, Two weeks,
From US to China, Two months.

Why there is a big difference?
From China to US, The shipping agency is Private company, who is working efficient.

From US to China, it is US post office to China Post office, they are working for government, not their customer.
 
I hope mine gets here soon. Coming up on two weeks since last tracking entry at LAX
 
Back
Top