• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Innovv C3 camera testing- motorcycle dashcam

It turns on after bike is started, but I'd rather have it on ignition because in case I drop bike, I think ignition stays on, but not sure about headlight.

I also tried to hook it up to a headlight line in the fusebox, but for some reason it showed camera as charging, but no recording, very strange.
 
Headlights will stay on as long as the ignition is on, if your using the right power cord the camera will record when any 12v power is applied to the transformer. The shorter USB cable can cause some issues with that sometimes though.
Wiring from your headlight circuit would eliminate the need for timer relay
 
I see, I'll give it a try. I'll probably have to find a good electrical tester and find a good headlight connection. Or at least check the fusebox.

I already ordered the relay though, but we'll see.
 
This sure does sound like a lot of hassle for what is supposed to be a "finished product." I think I'll wait until there is a similar solution that is a bit more plug and play.
 
A $5 multi meter from Harbor freight will work just fine, no need for a fancy one but poking around your wiring without testing with a meter is a good way of letting the smoke out of your wiring :thumbup
 
This sure does sound like a lot of hassle for what is supposed to be a "finished product." I think I'll wait until there is a similar solution that is a bit more plug and play.

It is pretty plug and play for the price, the majority get it up and running with little trouble
It is meant to be an installed camera so there is some install process
 
I'm fine with the installation process. The tweaking to get it to work right in a number of cases has me concerned. For this application I want something that will work reliably, as I won't be checking the video after every ride to make sure it has functioned properly. I want it to be invisible until I need the video for something (hopefully never).
 
This sure does sound like a lot of hassle for what is supposed to be a "finished product." I think I'll wait until there is a similar solution that is a bit more plug and play.

It was plug and play for me, only because I had a relay and distribution block system already in place when I got the camera. It's pretty much similar to installing heated grips on a bike. :)
 
I have several switched accessory circuits on my bike, so it would probably be pretty straight forward. If I were comfortable with the reliability I would have ordered one by now. I don't like the possibility that I would need to install a relay delay type of device, either. Shouldn't be necessary.
 
A $5 multi meter from Harbor freight will work just fine, no need for a fancy one but poking around your wiring without testing with a meter is a good way of letting the smoke out of your wiring :thumbup

I'll borrow one, but the relay you recommended me earlier should work with the tag light as a trigger, right? or you think it might not?
 
Last edited:
I have several switched accessory circuits on my bike, so it would probably be pretty straight forward. If I were comfortable with the reliability I would have ordered one by now. I don't like the possibility that I would need to install a relay delay type of device, either. Shouldn't be necessary.

You are more than welcome try out my spare. It's already configured, just needs to be installed. :) Since you already have a switched circuit, it will be pretty much plug and play for you. Just a matter of routing the cables. Are you thinking of putting it on the FJ-09 or the KTM?
 
This would be for the FJ, since I am commuting on it fairly often. Hmmmm...let me think about it. That's a very generous offer, Hoho. :thumbup
 
This would be for the FJ, since I am commuting on it fairly often. Hmmmm...let me think about it. That's a very generous offer, Hoho. :thumbup

:thumbup Let me know, we can put it on before we go to Hawthorne and you can see if it will record the entire ride out to El Cap. Hehe... :) I know a few of the guys here have had issues with the camera being flaky, but mine has been working like a champ.

It had most of our ride out to Corning last month on the card. I lost the earlier parts that had been overwritten when it ran out of space, but had every minute since we hit 128 at that first one-way control to when we got to Corning and my ride from G's place to Sunnyvale.
 
:thumbup Let me know, we can put it on before we go to Hawthorne and you can see if it will record the entire ride out to El Cap. Hehe... :) I know a few of the guys here have had issues with the camera being flaky, but mine has been working like a champ.

It had most of our ride out to Corning last month on the card. I lost the earlier parts that had been overwritten when it ran out of space, but had every minute since we hit 128 at that first one-way control to when we got to Corning and my ride from G's place to Sunnyvale.

I think the quality control may be a bit poor and the software is hit or miss. Once I get my second one uninstalled, we'll see what Willy can do to get them working. At this point I've picked up a couple Replay XD 1080 Minis and am really liking them as a dash cam. If I can get my Innovv working I'd be happy to pass it on to someone to give it a try.
 
Thanks for Willy's great help!

So glad to see people are happy to share C3 for other's trail, I am thinking to send new development for people's trial. :ride:ride:ride

My idea is people can test new development and share the experience, like the quality, operation, new features, installation photos and recording clips.
 
Tried with the relay, same problem. Apparently the relay also doesn't work.

There is new comment on that site

"The relay itself works and appears to be a quality unit. All indications are that it will work fine for a long time. However, it was not made known in the literature that there is a "speed" at which the trigger voltage must be removed in order for the time delay mechanism to work. On the bench hooked up to a DC power supply the time delay mechanism works; in the car it does not when triggered by the ignition switch power cut off. (Posted on 7/17/15)"

Not sure, I installed everything correctly and have the same results. I guess my biggest complain now would be that even with new firmware, the time delay on the unit itself is still not working because that would of easily fixed my issue. Now I am stuck.
 
I have a new one in box for 100.00 shipped. Never has been out of the box. This is the 90. No time to play with this since I picked up another gopro.
 
Tried with the relay, same problem. Apparently the relay also doesn't work.

There is new comment on that site

"The relay itself works and appears to be a quality unit. All indications are that it will work fine for a long time. However, it was not made known in the literature that there is a "speed" at which the trigger voltage must be removed in order for the time delay mechanism to work. On the bench hooked up to a DC power supply the time delay mechanism works; in the car it does not when triggered by the ignition switch power cut off. (Posted on 7/17/15)"

Not sure, I installed everything correctly and have the same results. I guess my biggest complain now would be that even with new firmware, the time delay on the unit itself is still not working because that would of easily fixed my issue. Now I am stuck.

Can you show what bike you do have and how do you connect?

Or you can have a try on other bike?

We know some bikes have challenges on that, still work on.
 
I used it on Ninja 300.

I connected using relay Willie recommended.

Power input I connected to positive battery
Ground to ground battery
Trigger wire to tag light's positive
Power output to unit's positive wire

Unit's ground wire goes to battery ground

So I know for a fact that installation is correct. If unit's power delay worked correctly, I wouldn't have any issues. So what are my options?
 
Last edited:
Back
Top