• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Insurance cost for 750/1000cc sport bike

zoomich

New member
Joined
Apr 16, 2017
Location
Mountain View
Moto(s)
GSX-R 750
Name
Anton
Hi guys,

My question to sport bike owners. What's your approximate monthly insurance policy cost for 600/1000cc? Is the 1000cc policy cost too high in compare to 600/750cc ?

Thanks in advance:thumbup
 
The only thing I can say for sure is that it costs a lot more if you're 20 years old than if you're past 60. :afm199
 
Hi guys,

My question to sport bike owners. What's your approximate monthly insurance policy cost for 600/1000cc? Is the 1000cc policy cost too high in compare to 600/750cc ?

Thanks in advance:thumbup

I have a recent at fault accident and so my current policy of 100/300/100 comp/collision for my 1000cc bike is $6,000/year. without the accident it was around $2,000/year
 
Best bet is to do your own research, as there are a lot of factors in determining premium costs and it varies from company to company.

Hit the main websites and plug in your info and get the most coverage you can afford.

I've found that insurance aggregator sites are useless and will just spam the shit out of you, even more than insurers do.
 
Last edited:
I have a recent at fault accident and so my current policy of 100/300/100 comp/collision for my 1000cc bike is $6,000/year. without the accident it was around $2,000/year

God damn, and I thought my rate was high for being 22. :wtf

The only thing I can say for sure is that it costs a lot more if you're 20 years old than if you're past 60. :afm199

Get out, you don't count since you're a cheater. :afm199

OP, I was paying 150 a month when my had my CBR600RR. Comprehensive and collision coverage with 500 deductible. My now-totaled Z1000 was 100 a month for same coverage. Despite being 443cc larger. Current VFR800 is $120 a month with my OEM hard bags and other accessories insured. :afm199
 
I have a recent at fault accident and so my current policy of 100/300/100 comp/collision for my 1000cc bike is $6,000/year. without the accident it was around $2,000/year

Is this really BARF? I don't think anyone here has admitted to an at fault accident - ever. These threads usually turn into a competition of "I only pay $49/yr for full coverage..."

Seriously, thanks for sharing.
 
$100 / month for S1000R 100/300/100 (full coverage); multi-vehicle discount; clean record; 34YO; MC license 12 years.

Quotes ranged widely when I was shopping around... State Farm was cheapest for me.
 
Are you thinking a true sport bike or super bike or anything that is sport with 1000cc motor?

I have 100/300 + full coverage $500 deductible, multi policy discount - no claims on my tuono i pay $480 a year. My FZ09 was $470 for same coverage and discounts (which insane given the power difference). A friend had an FZ09 bought an rsv4 same year and engine as my tuono. my policy went up $10 - his policy went up $300. Sport bikes/ super bikes are just stupid expensive with insurance.

Smash its sobering to see your insurance increase. Great to know that insurance company's royally f you for having to actually use your insurance. Have you thought about jumping ship to see if you can get a better rate elsewhere?
 
The most expensive bike in have recieved quotes for is the fz09 at $1500 a year. I can insure a liter bike for $1200 a year. My Ducati sf 848 is $900 a year for comp collision

I have geico and I totaled my wife monster. They paid $8k to fix it, my insurance only went up $7 a month
 
Last edited:
Moto Beck said:
Smash its sobering to see your insurance increase. Great to know that insurance company's royally f you for having to actually use your insurance. Have you thought about jumping ship to see if you can get a better rate elsewhere?

I totaled my car and someone else's, someone who didn't do anything to deserve being hit. State Farm paid out mine and theirs within a week and was all around fantastic. I credit them with making the other party whole again to the point they didn't see the need to pursue me in court.

They could have dropped me but they didn't, they just quadrupled my rates. I feel bad for leaving but I found one other company that would insure a 20 something year old comp/coll on a s1000rr with my history and they wanted only triple my precious rate, so I went with it. My old agent understands and I will go back after my rates drop back down.
 
Believe it or not displacement has less of an affect than the type of bike. My S2R1k costs half the annual premium of the 4 bikes I have registered/insured. They are: '02 R1150GS, '09F800GS, '05 DRZ400s and '06 S2R1k. For sure the DRZ is cheapest but the Duacti is fully half (and 150cc less than the R1150GS).

Oh yeah I pay $637 a year for full coverage on all 4 :twofinger
 
I have always gotten better rates going through an agent rather then direct to the insurance company.

The rate you are quoted has so many variables that what one person pays is not a indicator of what you will be quoted.
 
Okay guys, I need to search and check among different insurance companies. I'm thinking about GSXR 750/1000 (forgot to mention above) and it seems like it's possible to get not too much expensive insurance. Will update when I'll get my numbers.

If you have good insurance agents you can suggest - will appreciate it!

Thanks.
 
Last edited:
For my GSX-S1000 I was paying $850/yr (100/300/100) and then switched to Allstate @ $775/yr.
 
The only thing I can say for sure is that it costs a lot more if you're 20 years old than if you're past 60. :afm199
Maybe. It really depends on the bike.
I have a recent at fault accident and so my current policy of 100/300/100 comp/collision for my 1000cc bike is $6,000/year. without the accident it was around $2,000/year
Shazam. Thanks for the reality check. :loco
...... My S2R1k costs half the annual premium of the 4 bikes I have registered/insured. They are: '02 R1150GS, '09F800GS, '05 DRZ400s and '06 S2R1k. For sure the DRZ is cheapest but the Duacti is fully half (and 150cc less than the R1150GS).

Oh yeah I pay $637 a year for full coverage on all 4 :twofinger
What the heck is a S2R1K - a BMW S1000RR? And please post your agent and amounts of coverage if it is. Because my BMW coverage is much higher and I have another liter bike with the same people that is as much as your total insurance.
 
Well Geico just gave me 112.5$/month (online quote) for GSX-R1000 with 100/300. They also asked to choose mileage per year and there are options start from under 1000 miles. I guess it also raises your cost in case if choose high mileage per year.
 
Well Geico just gave me 112.5$/month (online quote) for GSX-R1000 with 100/300. They also asked to choose mileage per year and there are options start from under 1000 miles. I guess it also raises your cost in case if choose high mileage per year.

Every bike I've ever owned was ridden less than 1,000 miles per year according to insurance.
 
$360 a yr for my Aprilia Dorsoduro 750 full coverage $500 deductible
 
Last edited:
Back
Top