• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

kill a biker, no problem

Yeah well my husband had the right of way. This idiot has the nerve to tturn left and say he didn't see him or hear him. He put money into his bike just in case. Really loud. 20 yr experienced rider it's difficult to understand. Never having him back our boys and I are fun broken
I don't expect nothing but justice. He was at fault. He knows exactly what he did. My husband was a responsible rider. We have 2 beautiful boys 6 and 11. Yes old. They were his life
I expect justice. If their is any.. it's not fair . That was no slow left turn like that asshole said in report.
It's the law. You have to yield to on coming traffic when doing a left turn.
 
Besides that this is not a jury box and my first thought was to punch the truck driver in the face, no matter how negligent the driver was, i.e. texting etc., rest assured that almost no penalty will be bestowed to the man who just killed a rider.

Given our court system, he will plead out to probation.
Thanks well see
 
A car turning left is a really common accident. It's the first thing on my mind when I'm approaching g an open highway intersection like this. I don't know about the specifics of this accident, but I know if I was hauling ass on 33 on a Harley, I would have my eyes open and my fingers over the brake as I rode up the that cross roads, especially with a truck in the oncoming lane.

Condolences.
Thank you unfortunately there was nothing he could do. He braked his back tires locked. 20 yr rider experienced. My husband had the right away. Sad
 
Thank you unfortunately there was nothing he could do. He braked his back tires locked. 20 yr rider experienced. My husband had the right away. Sad
When turning left law says you have to yield.
And oncoming traffic has right away.
Big mistake he did. My man would still be here with us his family, his children. Of this person would of been paying attention
 
Sad. Damn sad. :rose

To those left behind you have my condolences. :(

Can't remember what the weave maneuver is called, but it does help IMO.

I do that pretty regularly when oncoming traffic is slowing to turn.
Thank u
 
Hey Gomez I am glad you are still with us on Barf. Many of us vividly remember the image of the accident. I hope you keep us informed of the updates when all this get settled in court and in the meantime if there is anything any of us can do just say the word-there are a lot of good human beings here and of course you are also welcome at any of the Barf gathers.
I hope with time wound heals but no doubt the scar is for life. Keep posting when you can or when you want to, lots of us here are staying tuned to your plight.
 
Hi Mrs.

I can only hope you and the boys are doing better. Your story has left a mark on my soul, but nothing compared to your world.

Keep looking into the eyes of your boys. Your man lives there.
 
I'm sorry for your loss, sgomez. It *is* so unfair.
 
Hello Sgomez, I'm hoping that this first round of holidays finds you surrounded by people that love you and knew your husband.

Thank you for coming onto our board and checking in. There are many that think of you and your boys daily. I hope you can feel our thoughts, like a warm blanket, embracing your family.
 
Very, very sorry for your loss Sgomez. It is a terrible tragedy and my thoughts are with you and your boys.
 
Our family. Left lower hand corner 6/5/14 our sons kinder graduation 20 days before accident. Our memories
Franky P.
 

Attachments

  • PhotoGrid_1409433689642.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1409433689642.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Lovely pictures sgomez- I know this time of the year will be especially hard for your family. Please know you have many people on this forum wishing you the best and thinking of you often.
 
I appreciate your words yes difficult days. Every day and this Holidays. My husband gave his heart out for us his family there was not one thing he would not do for us. Hard worker, responsible and loved us very much.
We miss him more than ever. It's difficult to heal, we miss him.
Boys miss him very much they were daddy boys.
Emotions of anger and sadness. But I have to be strong. Thank you very much for your words
 
Last edited:
What a beautiful family!!
 
and you are so solidly in our hearts!
 
Back
Top