• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

RIP Joe Salas 4TheRiders

Pics are up!

Should have probably asked permission to post this but..




Buy one, buy them all! Every nickel of profits will go to the family of Joe Salas.

When Will Toft's pics are up, GO BUY THOSE TOO!!!!

He is very generously offering a portion of his profits for the same cause.

1000016530.jpg


Sorry for the spam but... Good cause...
 
GPowers Photography up north also donated all proceeds from last weekend to the Joe's family - I didn't know he'd been part of his support system too. Joe had helped so many people.
 
Pics are up!

Should have probably asked permission to post this but..




Buy one, buy them all! Every nickel of profits will go to the family of Joe Salas.

When Will Toft's pics are up, GO BUY THOSE TOO!!!!

He is very generously offering a portion of his profits for the same cause.

View attachment 602464


Sorry for the spam but... Good cause...
Is not spam. Thank you for all that you’ve shared so we can help give a little something back.
 
18 years ago this past Monday, I watched Joe delete 90% of the pics I took for him...mostly while not even looking at the screen.

Just his eyes locked on my face as my eyes darted from his to the monitor and back again.

"Fucking garbage... What are you doing next weekend, I have a trackday to shoot at rfr and I want you there. I'll drive."

Same breath, he called me trash and boosted my ego.

He saw my potential, and gave me a shot 18 years ago.

He taught me not only how to be a better photographer, but how to run (and not run) a business, and that as much as you want to do things by yourself, sometimes you gotta believe in those that bring the passion.

He has warped my brain into believing that 100 degrees isn't all that bad, an 8 hour drive is a quick trip, and that nobody really needs any more than about 2 hours sleep...because after driving for 8 hours, shooting in triple digit temps, there will be someone STOKED that you were out there to get their first knee drag, and that person will invite you into their pit to drink beers until Saturday night turns into Sunday morning...all for it to repeat 2 hours later.

And, for the record, he didn't throw a single punch in that AFM fight. Not because he didn't want to, but because he didn't want to accidently clobber the guy that was dumb enough to get in the middle and break it up.
 
18 years ago this past Monday, I watched Joe delete 90% of the pics I took for him...mostly while not even looking at the screen.

Just his eyes locked on my face as my eyes darted from his to the monitor and back again.

"Fucking garbage... What are you doing next weekend, I have a trackday to shoot at rfr and I want you there. I'll drive."

Same breath, he called me trash and boosted my ego.

He saw my potential, and gave me a shot 18 years ago.

He taught me not only how to be a better photographer, but how to run (and not run) a business, and that as much as you want to do things by yourself, sometimes you gotta believe in those that bring the passion.

He has warped my brain into believing that 100 degrees isn't all that bad, an 8 hour drive is a quick trip, and that nobody really needs any more than about 2 hours sleep...because after driving for 8 hours, shooting in triple digit temps, there will be someone STOKED that you were out there to get their first knee drag, and that person will invite you into their pit to drink beers until Saturday night turns into Sunday morning...all for it to repeat 2 hours later.

And, for the record, he didn't throw a single punch in that AFM fight. Not because he didn't want to, but because he didn't want to accidently clobber the guy that was dumb enough to get in the middle and break it up.

Excellent story! I hope Joe's family somehow makes it here to read this and all the other awesome stories about him.
 
Joe and Max were a great team. Toe and Koi too. I'm not sure if these are Max or Joe, but one is 4TR for sure, and one of my favs. Joe also took my absolute
favorite photos of any I have on contract work. Joe has a gift....

20140720-IMG_2350.jpeg327715867_RQP8R-L.jpeg
 
She knows, and once the kids are old enough for story time with Uncle Max they will too!

I was the first person to know about Joe and Bri, and I called the relationship before they even knew what it was.
 
RIP com3. I first met Joe on 530riders. It seemed he was just logging in to start shit with people, but when we actually met in person we became fast friends.

He was always there to back your play. Always fun. Always an adventure. I remember a fight he was in at thunderhill all because some douche challenged his girl. He had your back.

Not sure what to say. This shows the frailty of life, but Joe epitomized living life the the fullest.

Do you all remember this? I think this was his first AFM banquet vid.

Ride on, com3.

Dave
 
RIP com3. I first met Joe on 530riders. It seemed he was just logging in to start shit with people, but when we actually met in person we became fast friends.

He was always there to back your play. Always fun. Always an adventure. I remember a fight he was in at thunderhill all because some douche challenged his girl. He had your back.

Not sure what to say. This shows the frailty of life, but Joe epitomized living life the the fullest.

Ride on, com3.

Dave
A few pics

In that last pic I think Joe is feeling up Ricky Bobby.......
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5443.JPG
    IMG_5443.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3207.JPG
    IMG_3207.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
  • 100_0511.JPG
    100_0511.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:
I used to follow Joe's antics on his old bike (kittie) and got to know him and ride with him when he moved to Sonoma County. He was misunderstood by a lot of people but, he was a good guy. I hadn't heard from him since his bad leg injury and moving back east. About a month ago though an old post with him popped up on my facebook feed and got me thinking about him. I actually messaged him and he got back to me. He told me he had lost everything and went through some hard times ,but he had it all back and life was good. Told me about his family and that he was happy. We both said it was good to hear from each other....I didn't know that would be the last time , but I'm glad I reached out to him. My Avatar pic is one of the last pics Joe took of me. My condolences to his family.
 
Back
Top