• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The Essential Trials Stickie

Had a blast a lot of fun riding in the mud just a little scary on some of those hills in sections 7 and 8 especially after the first loop, I believe it would have been very easy if dry. Sorry to see you didn't finish Mark I was waiting at Adrian's check but you never showed I'm sure you'll make it up at Prairie City you seem to do well there I will be out of town that weekend so see you guys at the Carr Ranch if not before for some practice. Luke that practice at Carnagie really helped me a lot have to do it again.
 
Last edited:
I dunno man, you placed pretty well; may have to start to practice in secret....: )

Will be getting things ready for PC, can't wait to get up to Carr and the PITS property later in the year.
 
I second that, Im looking forward to the one up by Matt's house near Pioneer and the Cowpile as well. Mark you ever ride out at Frank Raines ? its a great practice area.
 
I second that, Im looking forward to the one up by Matt's house near Pioneer and the Cowpile as well. Mark you ever ride out at Frank Raines ? its a great practice area.

Haven't ridden frank raines except during an event. There are some good spots there for practice, I think I remember where most of the sections were too. :thumbup
 
Doubt I can do Saturday, have a kids' event at their school....With up to an inch expected Friday I'm guessing the normal spots will be closed. Not sure about FR, I don't think they have a full time gate keepers but they may just lock the entry on Friday and leave it that way. At least with Carnegie and Metcalf you can call for live updates.
 
Don't think I will be riding this weekend. Waiting for some parts :thumbdown
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Soooooo, what was it? Missing tooth on an idler gear? I thought you mentioned something about that at the BAC.
 
Soooooo, what was it? Missing tooth on an idler gear? I thought you mentioned something about that at the BAC.

Yes and no. The idler gear had a little chip on the backside of the gear but Adrian says that wouldn't cause the ticking noise I've had ever since part of the kickstart spring broke off.

He recommended I change the clutch basket and primary gear as they come as a matched set. The clutch hub bolt (hollow) was buggered up so I'm waiting for that and a new idler gear.

Fingers crossed that the damn ticking noise goes away!
 
Well I guess you can make sure there's no water in there now....Good weekend to have the bike apart anyways. See you next weekend.
 
Wow, really digging in there, I hope you get it sorted out Mark. No worries about this weekend seems its going to be a bit wet, good weekend for practicing balance in the garage. There may be a change in my plans, I might actually be at the Prairie City event.
 
Cool, it'd be fun to see you out there. I got a confirmation from Dan, I will be checking....
Ever stayed over out there? Is it horrible? Thinking of bringing Donna and the kids for an overnight if it makes sense but camping there seems like it would suck...
 
Cool, it'd be fun to see you out there. I got a confirmation from Dan, I will be checking....
Ever stayed over out there? Is it horrible? Thinking of bringing Donna and the kids for an overnight if it makes sense but camping there seems like it would suck...

Never camped there, but agree it might not be the best place for a family outing
 
Never camped there either, but if the weather is descent can't be all that bad Im sure they have rangers there. Ask Dan he has stayed there numerous times and there should be other club members there. Are you checking Sun or Sat ?
 
Now that Honda is in the game looks like Yamaha is jumping in as well.
picture.php
 
That looks very similar to my yamaha powered scorpa. Hope I get to ride it more this year!

IMG_0673.jpg
 
Last edited:
That looks very similar to my yamaha powered scorpa. Hope I get to ride it more this year!

Basically that is what it is since Yamaha provides a lot of the parts, they say its strictly a Japan based team only meaning we probably won't see it, but theres nothing wrong with wishing. You have to come out and ride with us some time. :thumbup
 
That looks very similar to my yamaha powered scorpa. Hope I get to ride it more this year!

Basically that is what it is since Yamaha provides a lot of the parts, they say its strictly a Japan based team only meaning we probably won't see it, but theres nothing wrong with wishing. You have to come out and ride with us some time. :thumbup

I would love to. Work is crazy and I'm about to relocate to the north bay but once things settle I'll be there! I'm always lurking so maybe I'll get to sneak out before then too.

I got to ride with some folks out at nicasio last year and felt like I learned a lot that day. Riding with people I can learn from is always on my to do list. Thanks!
 
Found a clean 2011 GG 125 pro For my wife. Picked it up on Sunday from a fellow PITS member...You know Raymond?
It was Mandy's before she got the Ossa 250, thing is clean and hardly used. I was getting ready to drive hundreds of miles and here is was in Marin! Can't wait to bring her out on Sunday and let her loose at PC.
 
Found a clean 2011 GG 125 pro For my wife. Picked it up on Sunday from a fellow PITS member...You know Raymond?
It was Mandy's before she got the Ossa 250, thing is clean and hardly used. I was getting ready to drive hundreds of miles and here is was in Marin! Can't wait to bring her out on Sunday and let her loose at PC.

Awesome! Not sure who Raymond is, but that will be a great bike for her. I'll have to take a look at it on Sunday. :thumbup
 
Back
Top