• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Nation-wide climate strike by students

Whatever her accomplishments may or may not be, what is to be inferred from them either way?
 
It's not bullshit and conversations don't need to follow your unpublished rules.

It's not my unpublished rules. It's awareness of tactics people use that try to discredit someone message and change conversation without addressing actual message.
 
I don't think HHM or Eldritch are trying persuade anyone into believing what they already think. What they believe in doesn't necessarily make it so (e.g., make it a fact). They have every right to post their opposing views.

I think we should try to agree to disagree and ease up on personal attacks.
 
Last edited:
I don't think HHM or Eldritch are trying persuade anyone into believing what they already think. What they believe in doesn't necessarily make it so (e.g., make it a fact). They have every right to post their opposing views.

I think we should try to agree to disagree and ease on personal attacks.

They have the right to post whatever they want. I have the right to call out BS tactic.

What you posted was a strawman argument. No one has claimed they don't have the right to post.
 
Last edited:
Is "bullshit argument" a personal attack, or did I miss something stronger?

And I don't believe that hhm has actually provided his opinion on the matter, mostly he's making statements that seem to impugn her character and therefore her message...unless that is his message, I guess. :dunno
I could obviously be misinterpreting his posts, but that's the way it reads.
 
They have the right to post whatever they want. I have the right to call out BS tactic.

What you posted was a strawman argument. No one has claimed they don't have the right to post.

well said- it's not like the guy is even posting anything but semisensical sniping about St. Greta's character and really seems just to be trolling, which is fine too but it is a weird thing to troll about.

at least Eldritch has something to say, however bizarre :laughing
 
Last edited:
They have the right to post whatever they want. I have the right to call out BS tactic.

What you posted was a strawman argument. No one has claimed they don't have the right to post.


I was reacting to the "stop it" post:


The way I interpret what HHM has said is that the child is being manipulated by adults. That may or may not be the right interpretation but believe me, there is no argument that I am trying to make. IMO "Strawman" argument is used too loosely around here. You can call whatever you disagree with BS.

There is no such thing as diverting the conversation. I can post something in the next post without interruption of my train of thought regardless of what any other member has posted. The thread does not have to be linear. In fact, the best way to ignore who I regard as an asshole is totally ignore what they post. Believe me, it works! No attention or power to them.
 
Last edited:
I was reacting to the "stop it" post:



The way I interpret what HHM has said is that the child is being manipulated by adults. That may or may not be the right interpretation...

Then perhaps you can see why his posts generate responses, as they are seemingly open for interpretation.

There is no such thing as diverting the conversation. I can post something in the next post without interruption of my train of thought regardless of what any other member has posted. The thread does not have to be linear.

So three people can be talkin about car engines for example, and one of them immediately starts talking about how much he likes bananas, that's not diverting the conversation?
and if one of them had brought up a specific engine ailment IE starting a thread, and was in a deep conversation with three other people and a extra person wandered in and started talking about how much they like grocery shopping at Ralph's, that's not diverting the conversation?
I understand and completely agree that it's perfectly legal, but is it really proper etiquette?
 
I doubt it.

Also I have no issues with delivering it but people obviously have issues receiving it. People choose to be offended when no offense is meant.

to be fair sir, you started out posting in a thread about how climate change is affecting youth by saying you don't care what happens after you die and then said a few hit and run comments about the catalyst of the movement, so as an observer it does look like you are not posting with good faith, thus my question.
 
So you went from hes not posting in good faith to Autism?

Anyway I’ll leave so don’t worry about it :thumbup

no, you clearly have several people who don't understand what you are saying and insist it is something other than the obvious and you associated Aspergers with not being able to deliver a message. seems a pretty logical jump? anyways, hope you are doing ok man- seems like you are looking for some help.
 
Back
Top