Blankpage
alien
time for a software update millions of miles away with the world watching, no pressure!
Sounds like a job for
time for a software update millions of miles away with the world watching, no pressure!
Mike, I told Ms. W. your story today re: the wheels. She was super stoked for you! Then I told her about the Mast Cam thingie. She was uber-jazzed over that, knowing that she too has hardware toodling around Mars!![]()

Unbelievably fucking cool. I can't imagine how stoked I would be so see a physical thing that I built driving around on another planet.![]()
I'm waiting for the mars landing deniers to surface.
"It's all done in hollywood!"
Just saw some deal on Nat Geo about this entire process, phuckin sick, congrats bro!
time for a software update millions of miles away with the world watching, no pressure!
Small point of interest, software that contolled in flight and landing was not written by NASA engineers.
More info please?

NASA's Curiosity rover has zapped its first Martian rock, aiming its laser for the sake of science.
During the target practice on Sunday. Curiosity fired 30 pulses at a nearby rock over a 10-second window, burning a small hole.
Nice vid of a guy and his experiences.
Sorry OP, not trying to take way from your thread, just actually thought you'd like it.