• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

In about 8 months I will know...

time for a software update millions of miles away with the world watching, no pressure!

Sounds like a job for

geek_squad.jpg
 
Mike, I told Ms. W. your story today re: the wheels. She was super stoked for you! Then I told her about the Mast Cam thingie. She was uber-jazzed over that, knowing that she too has hardware toodling around Mars! :thumbup:thumbup

Ken, you are being too modest. If you have any pics of the MASTCAM housing post em up. Hell I would geek out over just the prints.

Basically all the bad ass images we are going to see from MARS are being looked through a part that Ken and the guys at my new place of employment, RWI, produced.

In this tread I have tried to make sure and give props to EVERYONE that is involved in this project. I was involved in one small slice of a huge pie. All the contractors, sub contractors, engineers, designers and everyone I am forgetting about who made this vehicle, worked so hard to get this right. So far, it has been flawless. That teamwork is a reflection of this country's best attributes. This project is such a concrete example of people pulling together to accomplish something great. That is what pumps me up so much about this whole experience. I know that sounds kinda corny. Fuck it, corny got us to MARS bitches!!!
 
Between Curiosity and the Olympics I have been saved from death by boredom while the knee slowly heals.

THanks for all the links and the conversation. Fascinating stuff.

:thumbup
 
Unbelievably fucking cool. I can't imagine how stoked I would be so see a physical thing that I built driving around on another planet. :hail
 
I like how NASA say that patern build into the wheel treads will help them judge the distance. :laughing
 
Nice vid of a guy and his experiences.

Sorry OP, not trying to take way from your thread, just actually thought you'd like it.

[youtube]PCKogFDM3Zg[/youtube]
 
I swear the NASA folks must have conjured up their inner child with this project.
"So exactly what should we do on Mars?"
"HEY, let's mount a laser and burn holes in a bunch of mars rocks!!"
"That is an EXCELLENT IDEA, LET'S DO IT!!" :laughing

link

NASA's Curiosity rover has zapped its first Martian rock, aiming its laser for the sake of science.
During the target practice on Sunday. Curiosity fired 30 pulses at a nearby rock over a 10-second window, burning a small hole.
 
Back
Top