• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Sometimes I (still) Ride Like An Asshole - Feb 2015 edition

I ride like a saint. Just thinking about all of the B.S. I see every day in SF and not going postal is pure sainthood in my book. Amen.:teeth

And herein lies the problem. It's not so much on the way to work, but the phase of evening commute getting from my office just to the Bay Bridge can have me foaming at the mouth by the time I get there. What with gridlockers, split blockers, cellphone talkers, and pedestrian stalkers, by the time I get to the bridge I'm waaaaayyyyy past taking prisoners. :devil
 
I hate people who feel like they should drive half way on the shoulder to let me by instead of yielding to faster traffic.

I hate people who leave a few hundred feet in front of them because traffic isn't moving, and thus "who cares if I just stop driving".

People driving 60 mph in the #2 lane.
 
I hate people who feel like they should drive half way on the shoulder to let me by instead of yielding to faster traffic.

I see people complain about this, and I just don't get it. If someone:

  1. notices that I'm there
  2. goes out of their way to do something nice for me

It just seems ungracious to complain about it. There's more than enough folks out there who are totally unaware of the world around them, and who don't give a shit about anyone but themselves, that when I encounter someone who is both aware and considerate, that's a cause for celebration. :party

YMMV.
 
I see people complain about this, and I just don't get it. If someone:

  1. notices that I'm there
  2. goes out of their way to do something nice for me

It just seems ungracious to complain about it. There's more than enough folks out there who are totally unaware of the world around them, and who don't give a shit about anyone but themselves, that when I encounter someone who is both aware and considerate, that's a cause for celebration. :party

YMMV.

Same here, I'm astounded and pleased, by the number of drivers that notice me coming up, in their rear view mirrors, and move over as far as they can, to give me as much space as possible...To Get past them. :)
 
hey, as long as you don't ride on the sidewalk you're not that much of an asshole..

Cool, I'll schedule my halo fitting for next week. :angel


:laughing
 
How do you really know if you're an asshole(not like I care)? Cars honk at me every other day but I just think they weren't paying attention and I shocked them while filtering.
 
How do you really know if you're an asshole(not like I care)? Cars honk at me every other day but I just think they weren't paying attention and I shocked them while filtering.

If cars are honking at you that often, you are probably riding like an asshole. I can't remember when the last time was that someone honked at me.
 
How do you really know if you're an asshole(not like I care)? Cars honk at me every other day but I just think they weren't paying attention and I shocked them while filtering.
You qualify! :thumbup
 
Could this be our Flying hun? :laughing

[youtube]pZaeAQpHZe8[/youtube]
 
If cars are honking at you that often, you are probably riding like an asshole. I can't remember when the last time was that someone honked at me.
Same, and I certainly ride like an asshole a fair amount of the time.
 
I can't remember when the last time was that someone honked at me.

Is it bad if I say this morning? Woman in a black BMW pulled a right turn on red without stopping when I was halfway through the intersection and in the right lane. When I came around her and gave her the :wtf sign she blew her horn at me. Yep, I'm the asshole. :devil

Could this be our Flying hun? :laughing

[youtube]pZaeAQpHZe8[/youtube]

My camo cargo shorts are a dead giveaway. :laughing
 
If cars are honking at you that often, you are probably riding like an asshole. I can't remember when the last time was that someone honked at me.


I cannot recall the last time someone honked at me.

I also will not talk about my most recent evil unless we're talking in person. :devil
 
I see people complain about this, and I just don't get it. If someone:

  1. notices that I'm there
  2. goes out of their way to do something nice for me

It just seems ungracious to complain about it. There's more than enough folks out there who are totally unaware of the world around them, and who don't give a shit about anyone but themselves, that when I encounter someone who is both aware and considerate, that's a cause for celebration. :party

YMMV.

They moved over for you because some asshole rider right before you kicked their door in and broke off their mirror because they didn't get out of the way ! ! ! LOL :twofinger
 
They moved over for you because some asshole rider right before you kicked their door in and broke off their mirror because they didn't get out of the way ! ! ! LOL :twofinger

Uh, thank you?
 
Still riding like an asshole sometimes. :dunno

That is all.

I was driving my bf's sleeper sedan the other day and at one point I thought to myself, I'm actually a bigger asshole in a car than on my bike. Now that is scary :laughing and somewhat impressive as I thought I'd hit my peak already :twofinger
 
I am a bigger asshole in my car than on my bike. I have pondered it and I think it is likely because I get more frustrated in a car; particularly in heavy traffic. It's hard to get frustrated on a bike. :ride
 
I also pondered and while there is that, I think for me it is more the (false) sense of security I have, being in a big ol cage that my bf constantly tells me is one of the highest rated safe cars to crash in, lol.
 
Back
Top