• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

ADV/DS ride Lake Berryessa/Knoxville OHV/Rayhouse Rd.

Yea I finally made it, was actually testing the new enduro kit out to see if the blinkers would stay on after multiple falls :)
188 miles of fun, thanks to all! Especially you crazybro for editing out the footage of me making it to the top, lol.
I want another shot at the hill that kicked my butt.
Tj..
 
Yeah that hill requires a little momentum coming around the turn at the bottom of it. What kind of tire pressures were you guys running?
 
I am so jealous! I had some issues with my front tube And I found out about it in the morning. Unfortunately I didn't have a spare on hand so Sunday was a wash for me. I'm going next month for sure and I want some of that hill climb action. Glad everyone had fun, post more pics. Which road is the hill climb on?

Here is where it starts and it ends up back on the main road just over the hill. It's just over the little bridge to the right.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/38....22.3746123,742m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m3!4m2!1m0!1m0
 
Farewell

To all y'all who I had the pleasure to ride with: it's been an epic adventure but journeys always comes to an end, so I'll be making my final farewell.

I'll be presenting at the Doc Wong ADV Survival clinic this Wednesday 8/13.
 
Last edited:
Drew, I'm still in Pakistan right now, but just saw your post. Is it Doc Wong's last course, or are you bidding farewell? Regardless, I would love to get together when I get home. Drop me an email if/when you have a chance.
 
The one and only Seavoyage

Just saw your post tonight Drew, i can't thank you enough for all the fun times we had, you totally ruined what I thought was fun on a motorcycles that day you brought over the GasGas, things have never been the same since. Who ever thought this ride would ever become so big, wow ! Hope theres a chance we all could meet somewhere to say our goodbyes but if not.... Drew, good luck my brother and thank you so much for everything I hope to see you again sometime, Sid:flag
 
Last edited:
Hey Drew, not sure if you're done with bikes, or what but add me to the list of folks who'd like to raise a glass and say farewell in person. Either way, I wish you well in whatever direction your journey is taking you.
 
Hey Drew, not sure if you're done with bikes, or what but add me to the list of folks who'd like to raise a glass and say farewell in person. Either way, I wish you well in whatever direction your journey is taking you.

What Eldrick said. And thanks for the field surgery to remove the twig from my face at Frank Raines. Good times.
 
Hey Drew, not sure if you're done with bikes, or what but add me to the list of folks who'd like to raise a glass and say farewell in person. Either way, I wish you well in whatever direction your journey is taking you.

Ditto. Thanks Drew for all your support and teachings regarding learning to ride dirt - you helped me immensely and you've been a great contributor to barf, as well as just being a real cool guy :teeth

Best wishes to where ever your new adventures take you - and hopefully you can :ride there!

Wishing you fair winds and following seas....


T
 
Next time on Rd 41 where the dirt meets the pavement at the end theres some fun dirt riding sections off to the left on the river bar. I've seen locals out there numerous times riding their dirt bikes and quads, check it out. Also didn't know you could get gas in Arbuckle ???
 
Last edited:
Back
Top