• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Nation-wide climate strike by students

None of my brothers or sister have any kids yet, but it is simple. Protest solves nothing, changes nothing, and goes nowhere. Please spare me any example from 50 years ago back when people cared about street protests and marches.

You want to tell me how many of these dumb ass kids are registered to vote, understand civics, read laws thoroughly before they vote on them, and actually go to the polls on election days, now that is interesting.

And yet here we are days later, discussing it.

Yeah, it is so tough to convince kids of things, who have no actual experience, and don't know about Saint Nicholas. :rolleyes We had the Gore propaganda piece that has proved fallible, yet is shown in schools as pure science. I think the whole thing is a rather despicable manipulation.

I won't bring in the science debate further, but besides government control of all things energy, what are the real world solutions purposed by these genius children? Total elimination of cow farts and carbon byproducts, really doesn't get ships across the ocean or airplanes across the United States. Is there any sense of reality to this excuse to cut school and screw with older people's lives?

Why do the kids have to have an answer? They are starting they are not going to put up with it. Maybe is adults should come up with a solution, instead of blaming kids for being angry about the works we have left them. Personally I have mostly given up aging this point. I don't have kids. I do my part. The rest of you with kids and grandchildren......I hope they hate you for your attitude toward to world you are leaving them.
 
The current renewable energy sources are unreliable and result in a lot of toxic waste in their production. Windmills have a problem now with de-lamination. I have read that nuclear is the cleanest energy production to date.

Yeah I probably read same articles or opinion pieces. Yet no one mentions what to do with the waste, or the fact that no one wants a nuclear power plant anywhere near to where they live.
 
Can't blame the students across the world, adults are fucking up the world that these students will have to live in for the rest of their lives.[/QUOTE]

Funny, I've been saying the same thing about liberals and California
 
Oh shit son you are edgy as fuck!!!!!!

You really nailed those fuckin guys that time!!!11!!11!
 
Can't blame the students across the world, adults are fucking up the world that these students will have to live in for the rest of their lives.

Funny, I've been saying the same thing about liberals and California[/QUOTE]

Funny I've been saying the same thing about conservatives and our town.........

Way to turn this political bro.
 
And yet here we are days later, discussing it.

Well, I'm certainly not discussing the issue they were protesting, merely the validity of the medium, and even that is exhausting. Touche, I'm over the discussion.

:laughing
 

Thanks I appreciate your attitude. I highly respect you.

The five named countries join 44 others that ratified the convention's power to hear complaints against them; however, the United States and China, which are the biggest culprits among the world's top greenhouse-gas emitters, haven't signed the section of the treaty allowing children to seek justice for infringements.

As a result, China and the US were not included in the complaint.


Funny how people get sued all the time without having signed anything.
 
Perhaps a lot of people aren't liking her because she's got Aspergers and doesn't understand social cues or how to deliver a message.
 
Slippery slope, may as well lock all forums everywhere because nobody's really saying anything that hasn't already said, when really the fault lies with the imaginary criteria of being allowed to only say new things.
 
Slippery slope, may as well lock all forums everywhere because nobody's really saying anything that hasn't already said, when really the fault lies with the imaginary criteria of being allowed to only say new things.

Yes! Exactly what I meant!

:thumbup
 
Back
Top