• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

ADV/DS ride Lake Berryessa/Knoxville OHV/Rayhouse Rd.

Pretty much spot on. I should add that I have done the trip, riding from Pacifica, on both an XT225 and a DR350. That said, if you can truck the bike to the meet-up point, it might be a good idea. That bike is not great for the slab stretch from SF to Fairfield, for sure. The rest will be fun, though. :thumbup

Thanks for the insights. This looks like an awesome ride, and a long but doable day on on two wheels. I'll shoot for next month. Have a good ride. :ride
 
Weather should be perfect, dirt should be perfect, road conditons perfect ! What else can I say, see you all in da morning perfectly on time.:p
 
Just to confirm we leave at 9am from

Starbucks
4470 Central Way Ste 100
Fairfield, CA 94534

Right?
 
Hey what was the milage from Starbucks to Cache Creek ? I've got a stock XR650R tank as my son, and we were wondering how many apare fuel bottles to carry....it's been a while:teeth
 
Just to confirm we leave at 9am from

Starbucks
4470 Central Way Ste 100
Fairfield, CA 94534

Right?

Kickstands up at 9.

Hey what was the milage from Starbucks to Cache Creek ? I've got a stock XR650R tank as my son, and we were wondering how many apare fuel bottles to carry....it's been a while:teeth

I think it's around 100 miles or so.
 
Can't do Sunday's, wish you would do this ride on a Saturday once in awhile.
Have a good ride.

Sid...you got a SM?
 
Can't do Sunday's, wish you would do this ride on a Saturday once in awhile.
Have a good ride.

Sid...you got a SM?

Gary !! long time. Yeah I bought another XR650R with supermoto wheels but no dirt wheels...yet. And of course my new love, a trials bike. Yeah a Sat sounds like fun, maybe next time we can do it on Sat ? Anyways we should ride sometime you still have the 690 SM ? What about a dirt bike ?:thumbup
 
Speaking of trials riding: has anyone seen Drew lately? I miss riding/hanging out with him.
 
Speaking of trials riding: has anyone seen Drew lately? I miss riding/hanging out with him.

I too miss him, and no haven't heard from him in a while. Last I was told is that he sold his bikes but would be back some day ? Calling Seavoyage..... got your ears on ?:dunno
 
Speaking of trials riding: has anyone seen Drew lately? I miss riding/hanging out with him.

I talked to Drew at the Doc Wong ADV Survival clinic a few weeks ago. Said he only rides his trials bike nowadays so he doesn't get on the forum much.
 
Last edited:
Gary !! long time. Yeah I bought another XR650R with supermoto wheels but no dirt wheels...yet. And of course my new love, a trials bike. Yeah a Sat sounds like fun, maybe next time we can do it on Sat ? Anyways we should ride sometime you still have the 690 SM ? What about a dirt bike ?:thumbup

Excellent!
Yep still have the 690sm, never get rid of that bike!
The Honda is toast, got hit by a drunk driver up on redwood rd back in October. Friend was riding the bike, I was able to avoid the driver. My friend was not so fortunate, had compound multiply leg fracture and broken shoulder, surgery pinned the leg and hip... yep going to court. She is doing all better now.
So looking for a "new-to-me" dual sport. Found a '06 KTM525 with 5000 miles and all the right parts for a good dual sport bike. Found a DRZ400s with low miles also, so kind of still looking.

A Saturday would be great
 
I'll see you guys at 121 & 128. Thinking about heading to Williams after Cache Creek via County Rd 41 if anyone else is interested. :ride
 
Back
Top