• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Innovv C3 motorcycle dashcam group buy

:thumbup

That's one of the reasons I wanted to pick up my camera instead of getting it shipped... it was to get Willy's recommendations on where to install on my bike! Sadly, my schedule has been so horrible lately that I had to cave and tell him to ship it...

Oh well... can't wait to get the camera!
 
Great to meet to too today Eric :thumbup Let me know when you want to ride:thumbup
Eric's speed triple with C3 installed


Not much to see in the wiring pic. Upper right side of the pic is the little white box that's the 12v to 5v convertor, not included in the kit $7 on amazon, that is hardwired into switched power with a couple of Posi-tap connectors and the red and yellow wire connected with a couple of micro Posi-connectors to a cut down power cable and the camera unit in the red $1.50 plastic tube to make it weather resistant


When you step back you can't really see the lens after it's installed on the triple :ride
 
Last edited:
:thumbup

That's one of the reasons I wanted to pick up my camera instead of getting it shipped... it was to get Willy's recommendations on where to install on my bike! Sadly, my schedule has been so horrible lately that I had to cave and tell him to ship it...

Oh well... can't wait to get the camera!

If you want any help with it just let me know and you're welcome to come by if you want to. :thumbup
 
So close to the headlights (mine too) I thought there would be light leak/glare all over the lens, but in a dark garage, not so. Great.

Now what's that water tight compartment huh? Nice. Maybe I haven't read all the pages on this thread, but I don't think I can fit all under my seat.
 
It's a 1 1/4'' mailing tube from TAP plastics $1.45
I wouldn't call it waterproof but pretty weather resistant, good enough for my purposes.
http://www.tapplastics.com/product/plastics/plastic_rods_tubes_shapes/tube_pak/274

Cut the tube down, don't worry about being exact you'll have plenty of leftover tube if you mess up, and make a small rectangle cut out in the top that's smaller than the mini hdmi plug


Put the power cable through the hole first and then push the hdmi plug through the hole. Optional right angle power plug will let you shorten the tube a bit.


You can seal up the top hole around the plug and power wire with some silicone or liquid electrical tape if you're so inclined and you can still get to the memory card from the bottom cap. It barely adds any size to the recording unit.
 
Last edited:
IAmA M0t0r Ridεr;8750637 said:
Wow, I was going to buy two of those, but they wanted 9.68 shipping. No thanks.

They have them in the stores too, closest to you is Pleasant Hill or Pleasanton depending on which way you go more often.
 
Some answers to the most common questions put up in the bottom section of the 1st post :thumbup
 
My install. Rode 250miles today with it.

This is the best spot really. Very close to the road, you can feel the speed! Now, on the Ducati, there's a lot of plastic there. The bike also vibrates a lot and the image quality suffered a lot from vibrations. The mount itself could be more rigid too. I may have to think of something else here, maybe screwed it down somehow.

N9MHg7G.jpg


Spot was so hidden, only one person in our group noticed it!!

YH2xpJ6.jpg


Remote Microphone, worked GREAT!

lq2dLdC.jpg


After a day riding...this was HOT! I wonder how long this will last. What's the warranty on this? This in under my Ducati seat, which is on top of one of the exhaust turns, right behind the header. In there there's also a bunch of Ducati electronics, but they were designed for this. The recorder was hot to touch, very.

jz94Dxx.jpg
 
Nice Bike :thumbup

You might want to think about moving the camera to under the rear cowl section to lessen the heat exposure. I've heard that 1199's can be a real nut cooker on a warm day :laughing
I'm not sure if the warranty covers exhaust pipe cooking
I have a 2' extension cable if you need more cable to make it to the back and some different mounting parts that may take some the vibration away if you want to stop by sometime and see if they would work for you
 
Nice Bike :thumbup

You might want to think about moving the camera to under the rear cowl section to lessen the heat exposure. I've heard that 1199's can be a real nut cooker on a warm day :laughing
I'm not sure if the warranty covers exhaust pipe cooking
I have a 2' extension cable if you need more cable to make it to the back and some different mounting parts that may take some the vibration away if you want to stop by sometime and see if they would work for you

Yeah, I should think about moving it to the rear cowl, it would be easy to remove the SD card too (need a tool to remove the seat). So I may take up on your offer, I need firmer mounts. Are you available anytime during weekday mornings, early afternoons?


When I arrived at home, it was flashing red, when I left IIRC it was flashing red and yellow (meaning it was recording in 1080p, right?). So I thought it was an overheat warning?

I do think it compresses too much, I'd love to see it recording mp4 files. Also I used your recommended settings, but I think it was under exposed while riding under the trees around Alice area. So I may have to tweak that.

Have you tried recording 720p/60 frames, do you think that's easier on the compression algorithm than 1080p/30? I think the use of Mov is the culprit, when I select .mov instead of mp4, quality is never there.

But as a DVR, works great for me. I'll post up some videos soon.
 
That is one clean installation... that's the same spot I was thinking of putting the camera... which wires did you tap in to? :teeth

Great to meet to too today Eric :thumbup Let me know when you want to ride:thumbup
Eric's speed triple with C3 installed


Not much to see in the wiring pic. Upper right side of the pic is the little white box that's the 12v to 5v convertor, not included in the kit $7 on amazon, that is hardwired into switched power with a couple of Posi-tap connectors and the red and yellow wire connected with a couple of micro Posi-connectors to a cut down power cable and the camera unit in the red $1.50 plastic tube to make it weather resistant


When you step back you can't really see the lens after it's installed on the triple :ride
 
Unless the battery is 100% charged when you start you’ll see an alternating red=1080p recording,and orange LED=charging the battery, while the internal battery is charging and just a red blinking LED once the battery is fully charged.

I"m not a video file genius but this is the explanation I found when I wondered about the different file containers .MOV vs.MP4

" MOV and MP4 are just containers and they do not present any real effect on the quality of the encoded videos. That is up to the codec like H.264 and the others. Choosing between MOV and MP4 should be based solely on where you want to play the resulting videos."

I'm sure that someone will say that that is wrong :rolleyes

The 720p uses the same codec as 1080p files - H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (avc1)

I use VLC player as my default video player and I don't see any compression when I watch the videos but Youtube will compress the hell out of the file once you upload it.

If I don't have any work scheduled I'm usually during the morning and day but I'm on call during the day if I'm not scheduled so it's hit or miss depending on the day.
 
That is one clean installation... that's the same spot I was thinking of putting the camera... which wires did you tap in to? :teeth


I tapped into the brake light power and ground using a couple of Posi-tap connectors. The camera only uses around 400ma of power and there were no error messages on Eric's speed triple dash when using the brake circuit for power.
 
Unless the battery is 100% charged when you start you’ll see an alternating red=1080p recording,and orange LED=charging the battery, while the internal battery is charging and just a red blinking LED once the battery is fully charged.

Got it, thanks.

I"m not a video file genius but this is the explanation I found when I wondered about the different file containers .MOV vs.MP4

" MOV and MP4 are just containers and they do not present any real effect on the quality of the encoded videos. That is up to the codec like H.264 and the others. Choosing between MOV and MP4 should be based solely on where you want to play the resulting videos."

I'm sure that someone will say that that is wrong :rolleyes

Well, you're right. It's just that when you choose to save file on .mov rather than .mp4, your choices are usually more limited, at least on the windows environment. But technically you're right. Something else is happening then.

The 720p uses the same codec as 1080p files - H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (avc1)

I use VLC player as my default video player and I don't see any compression when I watch the videos but Youtube will compress the hell out of the file once you upload it.

True that. But I see lots of dropped frames and detail on my end, especially when the constrast is high. I'll try 720p, I'll also next time point the camera dowards to minimize the sky in the scene, which just adds a bright spot everywhere and makes it hard for any camera to cope with.

If I don't have any work scheduled I'm usually during the morning and day but I'm on call during the day if I'm not scheduled so it's hit or miss depending on the day.

I'll PM you, I'm not in a hurry to fix this, whenever you're able to, give me a call and will see if you can help me out. :thumbup
 
Is a rapid flashing orange light during charging normal?
Are you just charging or recording video at the same time?
Alternating red and orange LED? or just orange LED?
 
Q: The LED is flashing red and orange when my camera starts recording

Unless the battery is 100% charged when you start you’ll see an alternating red and orange LED while the internal battery is charging and just a red blinking LED once the battery is fully charged.
 
Just a very quick orange flash with it plugged in and power off. I used it on battery yesterday, but now can't get it to turn on without being plugged in.
 
Back
Top