• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

*Barf Rally pics - 6/5-6/7 Spring 09*

What a great trip! Thank you Kurt for organizing and for taking on the selfless task of scouting out the roads:laughing. It was great to see some familiar faces and to meet some new (and new to me) BARFers.

I was hoping to have some great photos from start to finish but it didn't quite work out that way. There was the late start from Sonoma, the late arrival at Snellbux, the late arrival at Laguna and way too much fun in the twisties to stop and pull out the camera. So, here goes.

Part 1 of 2

First, the line-up at Laguna. Hey Kluts!
3620735456_0c9931e6ec.jpg


Laguna Seca.
3620717592_128c2ecdee.jpg


Looking South down the Big Sur Coast
3619899739_6c05c9c17d.jpg


... and a look North up the Big Sur Coast
3619899317_816d46f19d.jpg


Anton on the Busa. Mother F-ing TURBO BUSA. Getoutofmyway.
3619900543_8c029f5a24.jpg


Action photo of the elephant seals near San Simeon
3620720430_f507eee25b.jpg


Pelicans, pre bombing run
3620721008_134e3de9d6.jpg


Not a single elephant seal survived
3619917311_e9b11e70e9.jpg


The winery where I was going to pick up my wine for the tasting. No, you are not open 'till 5. But it was after 4:20 so I guess I should have known better :smoking.
3619903503_a1767b7f96.jpg


Wine tasting on Friday night. Clamato, for FTMFW. I think the wines from Hearthstone were the ringers.
3619918211_dd95f377fd.jpg


Getting ready for 229
3620723176_833d2cee99.jpg


Lots o fun on 229
3619905255_58f571b2a4.jpg


Taking a break on Tepusquet
3620725212_c3fe2a761e.jpg


A stop along Tepusquet
3619919483_008ca68e92.jpg
 
Last edited:
Part 2 of 2

In Solvang, Moto Guzzi 500cc DOHC V8 :drool
3620740670_729db2b043.jpg


Never did like Harvard
3619908399_92484bdd81.jpg


Moto art at the moto museum
3620728664_7ff7e3dacb.jpg


I had no idea that there were going to be Santa tryouts. Maybe next year.
3620734414_bd0dcf62bd.jpg


Indian Valley Rd
3620729388_aea9b1b465.jpg


More out on Indian Valley Rd
3620741824_a7143547dd.jpg


What the sign says
3619911637_ee2261a14a.jpg


Indian Valley and Peach Tree
3619912239_31f2cb42c1.jpg


25 South
3619913755_738ee4e141.jpg


25 North
3620733806_706d2cd18d.jpg


25 close-up
3619912727_4c44fea520.jpg


And back home in time for a walk with Lily and the dog. (Actually, I was kicked out of the house so Amy could get a little alone time.)
3619922831_d3f4064ec0.jpg


3 days, 918 miles. Can't wait to do it again!
 
Photo essay contest winner announced here.
 
Back
Top