• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

INNOVV 2CH Full HD Motorycle Recording System

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did things work out for you? Are you still using this product?

We have contacted people and do our support on.

BTW, Now we are working with @Lunch Box, @Hoho, @Aarrix to set up free trial program for the K1.

People can free trail the K1 for 3 weeks, and buy at half price if like it after trial, if the K1 is not the favorite, just pass the K1 to next trial people.
 
We have contacted people and do our support on.

BTW, Now we are working with @Lunch Box, @Hoho, @Aarrix to set up free trial program for the K1.

People can free trail the K1 for 3 weeks, and buy at half price if like it after trial, if the K1 is not the favorite, just pass the K1 to next trial people.

Interesting. If another slot opens up let me know. I would be interested in doing a trial with those options.
 
Still don't see any reviews of the installation and product.

I guess whoever testing them not sharing the information.
 
Interesting. If another slot opens up let me know. I would be interested in doing a trial with those options.

Once the program is running, we will keep updating from here. :cool:cool:cool
 
Still don't see any reviews of the installation and product.

I guess whoever testing them not sharing the information.

You can see the testing from below link,
http://www.nc700.co.uk/index.php?/topic/9931-dashcam-review-innovv-k1-2-channel-motorcycle-dvr/

3XsvvGQl.jpg


74oDHERl.jpg


2JV2Hbdl.jpg


fhp0wucl.jpg


A28VQ6Hl.jpg


3hYLnr6l.jpg
 
Last edited:
Hey folks. I will be starting a new thread shortly for the trial program. My official review of the product will be in City Bike (likely November, but it might slip to a later issue if there isn't room for it). I've had the unit on my bike for a few weeks now and have been very impressed with it thus far.

The demo program will be pretty neat and I look forward to helping a bunch of BARFers get their hands on these things to test them out. I think that most people will be very pleasantly surprised, as this unit packs a lot of bang for the buck. Stay tuned for the new thread in the next day or two. :thumbup
 
Does this unit operate warmly ? I just purchase Spytec K1S for my car (which seems to be the same unit) and at the moment testing and it heated up warmly when it operate. Will the pouch make it worse to dissipate the heat ?
 
Last edited:
Does this unit operate warmly ? I just purchase Spytec K1S for my car (which seems to be the same unit) and at the moment testing and it heated up warmly when it operate. Will the pouch make it worse to dissipate the heat ?

The recording unit can stand temperature -10 to 60C degree.
Pouch is for good protection, and have not hear the recording unit over heat.

INNOVV K1-BMW K1300GT-06 by INNOVV Moto Cam, 於 Flickr

INNOVV K1-BMW -R1200RT-01 by INNOVV Moto Cam, 於 Flickr

Some people also use the back clip to mount the recording unit and cover it by a mocket.

INNOVV Motocam K1-006 by INNOVV Moto Cam, 於 Flickr

INNOVV Motocam K1-007 by INNOVV Moto Cam, 於 Flickr
 
Last edited:
My quick review

I was given a chance to test out INNOVV newest dash camera system the K1.

This is how it arrived at the door:



Peeling back the DHL packaging, this is how the K1 Box looks like



What it comes with:




Unwrapped parts



Come with
  • recording unit with bag. also comes with slim plastic holder
  • two lens. each marked separately with different cord length (front had longer cable)
  • cigarette male and female connector
  • AV plugs
  • GPS unit
  • on/off switch
  • 3M double side tape
  • Mini SD card reader (not show in picture)
  • instructions paper

All of the parts seems to be very good quality: the camera housing was machined very well, wires are wrapped properly for weather insulation, and the recording unit felt sturdy. Heck, the wires were even labeled so even a 5th grader could make the correct connections (see below).



When first trying to figure out all the pieces and the functionalities, I was left more questions. The instructions are on a folded 11x14.5 inch paper. I’m sure INNOVV’s website will have more details once the product is launched but it would be nice to have a small pamphlet or instruction booklet.

The heart of the system is the recording unit. This is where all the wires go into along with your SD card. The interface reminds me of old handheld camcorders - simply and easy to use. Some of the options were not as intuitive, and as mentioned before, more details from the instruction manual would be helpful here. I like the really cool split screen view.



Installation:
My installation was super easy. I connected the cigarette female adapter directly to the battery. Then I plugged in the camera feeds for the front and rear - super simple. To turn it on, I plugged in the male adapter. Done.

My setup was merely for testing out the features of the K1 so I kept installation to the KISS method - Keep It Simple Stupid. If I wanted to permanently mount the unit, I would have done a better job (IE use Ram mounts, tapped into my tail lights for automatic power on, etc). I think this is where most people will have issues - keeping the install tidy or managing the wiring according to personal preferences. And of course installation will vary depending on bikes and desired camera positioning. So in other words.. Installation YMMV. With that said, I’ll have a better setup. Willy and I are working through issues with my bike’s installations hiccups - will updated once completed.

Here are my crappy install pics (installed on a 2012 Triumph Street Triple R):









Testing:
I wanted to test the K1 in real world situations and for me that was commuting on freeway and street speed. Also capturing light transitions and resolution were my main use cases. Here are my videos from those tests:

Test1
Front
[youtube]JHnHUxPTZv0[/youtube]

Rear
[youtube]gaeRaJJkoWM[/youtube]

Test 2
Front
[youtube]67q_gjAW6Sk[/youtube]

Rear
[youtube]0P54A6x1vpM[/youtube]

Test 3
Front
[youtube]YENPsZIU4wc[/youtube]

Rear
[youtube]WztNyLP6_Us[/youtube]

Test 4
Front
[youtube]5qPejxjrKyk[/youtube]

Rear
[youtube]_QxmdceTrEo[/youtube]

Note: on some of the videos, I used youtube to flip the camera around. The K1 has built in software to accomplish this so it'll look more professional. In addition, there is also a GPS tracker that will indicate location and even speed. Both of these were not used in my test.

My summary:
As a dash camera, the quality of the videos are really good. From the videos, I can clearly see license plates and some faces - both very important in case of accidents. The K1 handled light transition very well. I liked the fact that the recording unit tells you when it is recording (a voice prompt is heard from the unit) - a very cool feature. Another neat feature is that you can get a live view from the recording unit, making camera adjusts easy. My only complaint about the system is the form factor. I’m lucky to have a bit of room under my seat to house all the equipment, but for those sportbikes that have no trunk space, installation will require some creativity.

All in all, would I buy one and use it as my daily dash cam?
Yes!

Is it going to replace my GoPros?
No. This system is NOT an action camera. It’s purpose is to capture unexpected traffic moments and it does a great job at that.

Rocky and other members here will have the trial program up and running soon. Like Aaron has said, I think most will be surprise with the quality ease of use of this system.

Feel free to post here with any questions.
 
Last edited:
What is the recording capacity?

Where is the on/off switch, on the video display unit? Is there an option for a remote on/off, perhaps mountable to the handlebars?
 
Very cool! I have a 2009 STR so this is very relevant for me. I am curious how did your route the cables from the front camera to the under seat location? How hot does the recording unit seem to run?
 
I will be posting a new thread tonight for the upcoming demo program. Peter, in answer to your questions:

I believe that 64GB is the max, but I may be mistaken. I have been using a 64GB card in mine.

The on/off switch is on the recording unit, but it will automatically turn on and start recording when the bike is started, or whenever it gets power. There is, however, a button that is remote-mounted. This button can start and stop recording, as well as save a segment so that it doesn't get overwritten. Kind of a cool feature.
 
Great review, Eric. A lot of your thoughts and observations match mine. The only thing in your post with which I really disagree is the statement that it won't replace a GoPro. I think that this is somewhat situational. My issue with GoPro is that I usually do really long rides and have to swap out batteries and memory cards entirely too often. I also forget to turn it on/off when I should. Not an issue with the K1, as it is always on and always recording. If I just saw/did something cool/scary/interesting I can hit the button to save that segment. Pretty cool feature, though admittedly, I haven't tested it thoroughly yet.

If anyone is interested in trying out the K1 system on their own bike, risk free, pop on over to this thread and sign up for the demo program that is just now rolling out.
http://bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=485772
 
Last edited:
Can I get output routed to a 3TB external drive? :teeth
 
Very cool! I have a 2009 STR so this is very relevant for me. I am curious how did your route the cables from the front camera to the under seat location? How hot does the recording unit seem to run?

I'll post better of my wiring once I get a few things finalized.

The unit does seem warm but that could be due to the fact it's under my seat. Doesn't really bother me.
 
What is the recording capacity?

Where is the on/off switch, on the video display unit? Is there an option for a remote on/off, perhaps mountable to the handlebars?


The recording capacity depends on the micro SD card you put in. I currently have a 32gb that loops and overwrites earlier files when the the limit is reached.

Can I get output routed to a 3TB external drive? :teeth

If you can find a 3gb SD micro card.. sure? hahah. Not sure what is your use case for this.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top