• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

INNOVV 2CH Full HD Motorycle Recording System

Status
Not open for further replies.
The recording capacity depends on the micro SD card you put in. I currently have a 32gb that loops and overwrites earlier files when the the limit is reached.



If you can find a 3gb SD micro card.. sure? hahah. Not sure what is your use case for this.

If I'm on a weekend ride, I want to be able to record all of it, not have anything overwritten. :mad

WD sells a 3TB external HD http://www.frys.com/product/8490708

Drop a MicroSD adapter cable into the camera base-station/controller/whatever you call it, or add a mini-USB port, whatever. Record everything. :thumbup
 
Why not buy 2 or maybe 3 64 GB cards? Easy to swap out and you probably wouldn't use more than one card per day.
 
Finally got the K1 installed on my 2012 Street Triple R. My K1 got to the Bay Area the long way... a shipping snafu had the unit going all the way to Airrix's place, who was kind enough to forward it to me. :) The others have posted photos of what's inside the box, mine was no different.

One of my concerns was the size of the recording unit and whether I had enough space underneath the seat to store it. In the end, I removed the pre-existing Innovv C3 recording unit and put the K1 unit in it's place. I had to put the recording unit under the seat without the little protective pouch that it comes with to get it to fit without any problems. :)

I spliced a new micro USB cable to the 12-to-5 VDC step down transformer that I was already using for the C3 and plugged that into the K1. Now it powers on and starts recording whenever I turn the key. :)

The rear camera is screwed through the Givi rack using a standard 1/4"-20 screw from OSH and a few rubber washers as spacers and shock absorbers to reduce vibrations. Sadly, even with the spacers, the field of view is so wide that I still get some of the rack in the frame of the rear video. I'm going to need a longer screw and more washers! I bought all the washers from my local OSH, so I'll have to find it elsewhere... :laughing

BF2ED37D-ED48-4565-9C8C-F67D06DBB580_zpslonpnsir.jpg


The front on the other hand is temporarily mounted on the handlebars using RAM mounts. My preferred location would have been between the headlights, but that space is currently occupied by the C3 lens. After a few days of testing, I will probably take that lens out and put the K1 front lens in there... I am still trying to figure out how to level it. I'm thinking a 3D printed part, but I suck at making the models, so that's slow going.

The main difference between the C3 and the K1 lens is the fact that the K1 lens is square and only has 3 taps for screws. This makes it a bit more difficult to place unless you have a perfectly horizontal or vertical location to attach it to. The C3 lens is circular, and can be rotated in its mount to get the video perfectly horizontal, not so with the K1.

EA1A665E-785E-45C7-AE5A-FE03AB76F51A_zps04ikclox.jpg



Sample Videos
Front camera:
https://youtu.be/AbNDLf-w5HM
[youtube]AbNDLf-w5HM[/youtube]

Rear camera:
https://youtu.be/w3T6lJ2wumY
[youtube]w3T6lJ2wumY[/youtube]
 
Last edited:
All right guys, just finished installation today. So far so horrible.

Installation was very easy and plug and play. The unit itself froze up dozen times and had to unplug the battery. Also all recordings are only 2-3 seconds long. I am using 64gb card. Manufacturer, let me know if I am doing something wrong or I got a bad unit.

I'll take it for riding may be tonight and see how it records, if it records enough.
 
Last edited:
Would love to be a tester for the new cam set up.:)
Still using the C-3 on the short bus but need a new camera set up for the FJ-09
 
The screen goes off if you have the AV cables hooked up. You can also just turn the unit on via the power button and it will display on the screen.
 
I think I found the problem. I ordered through INNOVV power converter 12v to 5v with USB output and then used supplied USB cable to deliver the power to the unit. Appearantly that does not work. Not sure if USB cable not working for that or what.
 
The issue is fixed. Pretty much only use car adapter that was supplied with the unit. For some reason the USB adapter (12v to 5v) and USB cable that I ordered from INNOVV didn't work.

I'll keep doing more checks and reviews of the unit and will publish review when I am done.
 
Last edited:
For those that are testing the units, do you guys have that issue?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LemtR0AF_Q

If the unit can't hold mild shocks, it won't be good for an accident footage recording. Want to see if I have a bad one or all of the units are like that. It records when I ride, but can't really test if it will record if accident happens, it probably won't.

*** This is not my final review, I'll keep you updated once all testings on my part are completed. So don't jump to conclusions about the product.
 
Last edited:
For those that are testing the units, do you guys have that issue?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LemtR0AF_Q

If the unit can't hold mild shocks, it won't be good for an accident footage recording. Want to see if I have a bad one or all of the units are like that. It records when I ride, but can't really test if it will record if accident happens, it probably won't.

As what we discussed, hit the recording unit makes cable to be unstable connection or disconnected.
 
Last edited:
As what we discussed, hit the recording unit makes cable to be unstable connection or disconnected.


But when you get hit, bumped, knocked over, will that connection be there to record the event and the aftermath?

It seems like you know this is a point of failure, what type of resolution(s) will be put into place? I'm sure people would be willing to pay a few bucks more for locking cables that maintains connection when it matters most.
 
Last edited:
But when you get hit, bumped, knocked over, will that connection be there to record the event and the aftermath?

It seems like you know this is a point of failure, what type of resolution(s) will be put into place? I'm sure people would be willing to pay a few bucks more for locking cables that maintains connection when it matters most.

There is the pouch to protect the recording unit, you can see from below photos.

Innovv K1 pouch-03_1 by INNOVV Moto Cam, on Flickr

Innovv K1 pouch-01 by INNOVV Moto Cam, on Flickr

INNOVV K1-BMW -R1200RT-01 by INNOVV Moto Cam, on Flickr

INNOVV K1-BMW K1300GT-06 by INNOVV Moto Cam, on Flickr
 
1997 Harley Davidson Road King



Wiring for the taillight provided me with a keyed power source, fortuitously located right under the seat. There was also a almost-perfectly sized spot for the GPS unit to be sticky-taped in the same area.
Score!



Recording unit mounted very nicely on top of a connection block behind my right side panel. I have to remove the hard bag in order to pull the cover; not a huge pain in the ass but it's not as simple as lifting a seat.
I'm going to pick up a 128g Micro SD card to minimize swapping cards.

Question: Can I adjust video quality to improve recording time?




I absolutely did not want to mount the cameras in a way that detracted from the aesthetics of the bike...more difficult than I thought. There's not a lot of options that give a good view without looking very out of place.

After some trial and error, I bought some corner braces to use as mounts for the cameras, and bent/cut/drilled them to size.

Front camera is attached at my lightbar mounts. I shortened one side of the corner brace and bent the whole thing towards the center of the bike then straight, to clear my turn signal.





The rear camera is attached to a quick release anchor for my top box. The first version used an 'L' bracket but I decided it needed to be closer to the rear of the bike so I bent one side of a corner brace at a right angle.




The taillight is a bit too bright when recording at night, so this may swing the decision to get a smoked lens for it. A few I've seen have opaque sides which would help a lot.
All in all I'm very pleased with the install. The recordings themselves are perfectly adequate for insurance use, but I'm going to use them to record fun rides with friends in addition to/instead of a GoPro or Contour.
I figure with a 128 card I should get a couple hours before I have to worry about recording over footage.




I've been riding it for a week or so now and no one has asked about or even mentioned the cameras.
 
i'm thinking about getting one of these. However I have a C3 that had problems with recording that were never fixed. How are these new units? anyone had any problems with them?

Also whats the difference (besides the square lens housings and Innovv branding) between the Innovv and This and This?

How big is the recording unit it self? Innovv's site says L78xH57xD23mm (roughly 3x2.2x0.9IN) is it really that small, or is that a miss-print?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top